- Benefits of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- Where does Roman Chamomile come from
- Emotional Benefits of Roman Chamomile
- Roman Chamomile Herbal Tea Recipe
- 31 Ways to Use Roman Chamomile
- Roman Chamomile Diffuser Blends
- Roman Chamomile Roller Recipes
- Where to buy Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- You may be interested in some of these other Essential Oil Spotlight Articles
Roman Chamomile essential oil has long been a popular oil. In this article you will learn about the emotional and physical benefits of this essential oil, plus get a checklist of 30 ways to use Roman Chamomile. If you’re not sure how to use this essential oil, this checklist is exactly what you need to help you incorporate it into your daily life.
In ancient times, ancient romans used Roman Chamomile for courage during war. While the most common use of chamomile is in teas, Roman Chamomile oil can also be found in face creams, drinks, hair dyes, shampoos and perfumes.
Roman Chamomile has a floral, sweet, herbaceous scent and is known for it’s calming effect on the skin, mind, and body.
You can diffuse Roman Chamomile, apply it to pulse points, and inhale it from your hands to aid in feelings of serenity and calm.
Keep reading for more specifics on some of the benefits Roman Chamomile essential oil offers to both our physical self and emotional self, plus a checklist of 30 ways to use Roman Chamomile essential oil. You can try a new use each day for a month!
I use affiliate links in this article. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission which goes towards the cost of running this website. Your price is not affected.
Benefits of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
Roman Chamomile provides essential oil benefits to many systems of the body.
Isoamyl tiglate – one of the main components of Roman Chamomile essential oil – promotes feelings of relaxation during times of anxiousness or discomfort, especially when used aromatically.
It is also soothing to body systems when taken internally. This is primarily due to the Isobutyl angelate. Experimental research suggests that it may help soothe digestive issues, have sedative effects on the nervous system, calm muscles spasms, and have an overall relaxing effect throughout the body.
Human clinical research with women in postpartum care found that a combination of Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Myrrh, Neroli, Rose, Grapefruit, Mandarin and orange oil in an aroma-sitz bath or soap provided soothing properties. Roman Chamomile is also in the Clary Calm Monthly Blend for Women.
Where does Roman Chamomile come from
Roman Chamomile essential oil comes from the daisy-like flowers of the plant part of the roman chamomile plant and is steam distilled.
Roman Chamomile grows close to the ground, reaching only up to a foot in height. It has gray green leaves, flowers that resemble a daisy, and smells like apple.
The plant has been nicknamed the “plants physician” because it has positive effects on plants growing nearby.
Emotional Benefits of Roman Chamomile
Roman Chamomile is known as the Oil of Spiritual Purpose. It can help you discover, then live out your true life’s purpose and find meaning in life.
Roman Chamomile can help you to BECOME:
Roman Chamomile can help you OVERCOME AND CONQUER:
- surface living
Essential Oil blends that blend well with Roman Chamomile Essential oil
You can also blend Roman Chamomile essential oil with citrus oils like Bergamot.
It also blends well with the sweet, woody aroma of doTERRA Balance®, which includes Blue Chamomile.
Roman Chamomile Herbal Tea Recipe
This is an easy tea recipe using Roman Chamomile
Calming & soothing at the end of a stressful day.
Roman Chamomile Herbal Tea Recipe:
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- 1 tsp Natural Honey (from your farmers market)
- 1 drop doTERRA Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- Stir together and enjoy before bedtime to relax
31 Ways to Use Roman Chamomile
To get the most out of your bottle of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil, I recommend you start at the top of the list and try a new use for Roman Chamomile each day for an entire month.
Please note that it’s important to follow basic safety precautions when using any essential oil:
- Keep out of reach of children,
- Be sure to use therapeutic grade essential oil (such as doTERRA) and not fragrance oils,
- Dilute the essential oil before external use especially if you have sensitive skin. When applying topically, add a small amount of carrier oil such as jojoba oil or fractionated coconut oil to the palm of your hand, then a few drops of essential oil before applying to the affected area.
Grab Your Free Checklist Here:
- Add one to two drops of Roman Chamomile to your favorite shampoo or conditioner to promote healthy hair.
- Add 1-2 drops to a hot drink to soothe the body and mind
- Diffuse for a restful night’s sleep
- Add a couple of drops to your herbal tea to make your own chamomile herbal tea, while simultaneously accessing the relaxing internal benefits
- Rub into the feet to help soothe and calm a fussy child before a nap or bedtime. (Dilute with carrier oil)
- Add a few drops into your favorite skin care products to promote healthy looking skin
- Diffuse during your bedtime routine to help ease your mind and body as you unwind and prepare for sleep
- Apply to your wrists and neck for a peaceful evening at home.
- When applied topically, this oil will help soothe the soul, while leaving a refreshing scent behind.
- Diffuse to help calm nerves and promote relaxation.
- Apply topically to help relieve skin irritations. (Dilute with a carrier oil)
- Inhale deeply to help boost your mood.
- Apply topically to the stomach to help reduce feelings of nausea
- Take a drop under the tongue to help reduce gas.
- Take 2 drops in a veggie capsule daily to promote cardiovascular health
- Add to Epsom salts and a warm bath to help reduce muscle tension
- To help ease anxious feelings, diffuse 5 drops, or inhale it directly from the bottle.
- To improve digestion and promote gut health, apply 2–4 drops topically to the abdomen.
- To promote heart health, apply 2–4 drops topically over the heart.
- To ease nausea, inhale directly from the bottle, or combine it with ginger, peppermint, and lavender oil and diffuse.
- Add 5 drops to your face wash to promote younger looking skin.
- To ease head tension, massage 1-2 diluted drops into the temples.
- Take 1-2 drops in a veggie capsule morning and night to support healthy immune system function.
- Apply to chest to encourage feelings of well-being.
- Diffuse to soothe feelings of anger and agitation.
- Add 1-2 drops to moisturizer for a soothing effect.
- Dilute and apply topically to provide relief from insect bites.
- Diffuse for inner peace.
- Add 1 drop to a glass of water to promote inner calm.
- Add 2-3 drops to your favorite carrier oil and massage a loved one’s spine to promote relaxation and calm.
- Apply to a bee sting or bug bite for quick relief
Roman Chamomile Diffuser Blends
Using Roman Chamomile in a diffuser is a fantastic way to get the benefits. This oil is especially nice in a diffuser next to your bed to help you relax and sleep better.
Roman Chamomile Roller Recipes
Essential Oil Rollers are a convenient way to get the benefits of essential oils. Rollers can be thrown in your purse or backpack, stashed in the bathroom, kitchen or wherever it’s convenient.
To make a roller:
- Add the drops of essential oil to an empty roller (I love THESE ROLLERS)
- Top the roller with your favorite carrier oil, such as this fractionated coconut oil
- Pop the top on and give the roller a gentle shake.
To use a roller, swipe across pulse points, down your spine, or on the bottoms of your feet.
Where to buy Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
There’s a few things to know when buying essential oils. First, never buy on Amazon (Yes, that includes doTERRA and Young Living). The reason is those supposed tamper proof caps are super easy to replace with new ones. Meaning, it’s very common for the oil bottle to be filled with coconut oil or some other filler – which is the scariest part. You don’t actually know what’s in it!!
Secondly, make sure you’re using a true essential oil and not a fragrance oil like what is commonly found in superstores and places like Costco, Bed Bath and Beyone, Walmart and Target. These are nothing more than perfume, and may smell nice, but offer no therapeutic benefits.
We are a doTERRA Certified shop. Shop Confidently!
Roman Chamomile is a very popular essential oil due to its many uses. If you’ve found this useful, please comment down below and let me know so that I can make more articles like this on other essential oils. Let me know what you’d like to see more of!
Save this to your Pinterest Board so you can find it again later
You may be interested in some of these other Essential Oil Spotlight Articles
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- DIY Massage Oil with Essential Oil for Valentines Day
- Best Essential Oil Storage Ideas – How and Where to Store your Oils
- Benefits and 30 Ways to Use Frankincense Essential oil
- 10 Best Essential Oil Hair Care DIY Recipes for natural, healthy hair
- Essential Oil Hair Growth Serum Recipe
- 10 Warm and Spicy Cassia Essential Oil Diffuser Blends and DIY Recipes