Benefits and How to Use doTERRA Bergamot Essential Oil
- doTERRA Bergamot is frequently used for it’s calming benefits whenever stress or tension is high, and in massage.
- doTERRA Bergamot Essential Oil is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive.
- Italians have used Bergamot Essential Oil for years to reduce feelings of stress and to soothe and rejuvenate skin.
- In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee.
- doTERRA Bergamot Essential Oil is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it ideal to help with anxious and sad feelings. It is also purifying and cleansing for the skin while having a calming effect.
Uses for doTERRA Bergamot Essential Oil
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of doTERRA Bergamot Essential Oil
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser.
Primary Benefits of doTERRA Bergamog Essential Oil
- Calming and soothing aroma
- Provides skin purifying benefits
- Frequently used in massage therapy for its calming benefits
Directions for How to Use doTERRA Bergamot Essential Oil
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops of doTERRA Bergamot Essential Oil to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Citrus, spice, with a light floral note
Bergamot rind (peel)
Limonene, linalyl acetate, linalool, terpinene, β-pinene
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.