These DIY bath salts recipe with Chamomile are super fast to make and provide many benefits when soaking in the tub, especially before bed. They are super calming, help with inflammation, pain relief, and much more.
I use affiliate links in this article. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission which goes towards the cost of running this website.
Pin for later
Benefits of Chamomile Bath Salts
Chamomile Bath salts have many benefits. Here are a few:
- Soothes and relaxes the body and mind
- Eases muscle tension and promotes muscle relaxation
- Helps to relieve stress and anxiety
- Promotes a restful sleep
- Softens and nourishes the skin
- Reduces inflammation
- Soothes skin irritations
- Elevates your bath to a spa-like experience with a subtle fragrance
Ingredients and Supplies for your Bath Salts
Before you get started, you’ll want to gather all your supplies and ingredients.
You’ll need some chamomile flowers. I used these:
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC CHAMOMILE FLOWERS – Harvested in Egypt’s Fayoum Oasis, the center of global agriculture for thousands of years. Egyptian Chamomile is considered the most flavorful varietal, with a natural sweet honey flavor.
The base of this DIY Recipe is Epsom salts. I love Epsom salts for their detoxifying, calming, and inflammation reducing therapeutic properties. I use them for many things like this detoxifying foot bath recipe, and detoxifying salts scrubs.
My favorite Epsom salt to use is Dr. Teals unscented Epsom Salts. You can pick it up almost everywhere – grocery stores, drugstores, superstores, etc. You can also order it:
- PURE EPSOM SALT: Made with pharmacy-grade magnesium sulfate to help ease aches and soreness from muscle pains
Chamomile Essential Oil
You may also want to add a few drops of Chamomile essential oil. This isn’t required but I highly recommend it due to the incredibly calming benefits. It’s wonderful right before bed to help calm your mind down.
You could also add some Lavender essential oil for an even greater calming bath.
An herb or coffee grinder will help you grind up everything to a fine powder. It’s not required. You’ll just end up with regular size Epsom salt and you’ll want to remove the chamomile flowers from your tub when done.
Something like this combo spice/coffee grinder is all you need. Nothing fancy. At the time of this writing, it’s only $12.99.
- ☕Fast and Even Grinding: Spice grinder with 300 w powerful motor,Allows you to grind faster and more evenly each time;Electric grinder can quickly grinds 80 grams of coffee beans or spices.Even and fast grinding without damaging herbs and spices by extra heat,Effectively maintains the most original flavor of coffee beans and spices.
- Pour the chamomile flowers and Epsom salt into an herb grinder. Grind until it is mixed and powdered down.
- Add in your drops of essential oils. (optional)
- Pour into a jar or container
- You can use any salt you want.
- Essential oils are optional.
- If you don’t have a grinder, you can always leave the flowers whole. You will just need to fish them out of the bath when you are finished.
You may also like this article on making your own detox bath.
Pin for later
Conclusion of DIY Bath Salts recipe with chamomile
DIY chamomile bath salts provide a soothing and relaxing experience. The combination of chamomile and Epsom salt can help reduce stress and promote better sleep. These bath salts are easy to make and can be customized with essential oils for added benefits. Enjoy a pampering bath with these homemade chamomile bath salts and unwind after a long day.
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- DIY Oatmeal Body Butter Recipe
- Top Basil Essential Oil Benefits & Over 30 Uses
- Safe Essential Oils for Breastfeeding to support milk supply
- Easy DIY Natural Honey and Vanilla Beehive Soap Bars Recipe with Shea Butter
- Best Essential Oils for Scars + DIY Healing Scar Roller blend
- Easy DIY Chamomile Bath Salts Recipe