DIY Carpet Powder Cleaner
Pin to Pinterest so you can find the recipe when you need it later.
DIY Carpet Powder Cleaner is a simple and frugal way to deodorize your carpets and rugs. It contains only 2 ingredients!
Carpet can make a room comfortable and homey, but it can be difficult to keep clean. Especially if you have pets and kids. Getting out urine odor from pets can be a big challenge.
Those commercial carpet powder cleaners are expensive and contain synthetic fragrance and mystery chemicals that aren't healthy, especially for young children who tend to spend a lot of time on the floors.
This simple homemade carpet powder cleaner utilizes the deodorizing and cleansing power of doTERRA Purify Cleansing Blend to help clean carpets and get rid of funky smells. And since it is homemade with only 2 ingredients, you are saving a ton of money!
Use this carpet powder cleaner regularly to keep your carpets fresh, especially for you mama's with crawling toddlers. You can feel confident that your carpet is clean and your kids aren't crawling around on chemicals left by those commercial carpet powders like Glade and Febreeze.
DIY Carpet Powder Cleaner Recipe
- 2 cups baking soda
- 10 drops doTERRA Purify Cleansing Blend
- Add your essential oil to the baking soda and stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle mixture over carpet.
- Let rest one to two hours then vacuum.
- Store remaining carpet powder cleaner in an airtight container for future use.
My Amazon Picks for this DIY:
I found some really cute mason jar lids that will work perfectly for this. They have holes in the top which makes it easy to sprinkle the powder on the carpet without making a huge mess, and they store easily too. Click on the Amazon link below to see them.*
Let me know how this works for you in the comments below.
Do you need to pick up essential oils for this recipe? I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I trust to use.
* These are affiliate links and I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. Whenever possible, I have used and purchased the items myself, and would never recommend something I wouldn't use myself. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.