Pin for later
How to Make Your own Homemade Glass and Window Cleaner with Non Toxic ingredients.
Make your own glass cleaner using common ingredients you probably already have in your home. This cleaner saves you tons of money, takes only minutes to whip up, and works better than anything you’ll find in the store!
I haven’t bought store bought Glass Cleaner in years because this recipe works so much better and costs so much less to make.
I love that I know all of the ingredients in it! My favorite oil to use in it is lemon oil because I love the fresh, clean smell.
I use affiliate links in this article. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. This doesn’t change your price and any money earned, goes towards the cost of running this website.
Supplies for Your Homemade Glass Cleaner
16 oz Glass Spray Bottle
You’re going to need a spray bottle. I recommend using a glass spray bottle anytime you’re using essential oils, especially Lemon oil because the essential oil will break down the plastic.
I love these Glass Spray Bottles from Savvy Planet that come with silicone sleeves. You can use the extra spray bottle for many other DIY cleaners such as this all purpose spray cleaner, and this Garden Pest / Aphid Spray
- 2 LARGE 16 OUNCE BOTTLES with easy to pull, durable nozzle. Two spray settings: fine mist or a strong stream.
They come in a bunch of different colors so you can pick your favorite!
Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alocohol)
This is what helps make the glass and window cleaner streak free!
This is usually easily found at your local grocery store, or drugstore, or you can grab it on Amazon. This one that I have pictured here is the lowest cost per ounce that I could find.
- One 16 fluid ounce bottle of 70% ethyl rubbing alcohol first aid antiseptic
White Vinegar is a staple for most green cleaning recipes. I buy it by the gallon and anytime I’m at Costco, I grab their big jug. I go through a lot of it because I make all my cleaners and rarely buy anything from the store.
It’s good to always have a jug of White Vinegar on hand because you can use it to clean pretty much anything.
Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
These reusable cloths come in handy for many cleaning tasks. I love that they are reusable and inexpensive. They don’t scratch, and you can toss them in the wash and reuse over and over.
- ULTRA SOFT MATERIAL & SCRATCH FREE – Ultra soft and highly absorbent microfiber cleaning cloths, great for cleaning windows, kitchenware, car or other delicate surfaces.
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil it is a staple for many cleaning recipes because of it’s ability to cut through grime and grease.
Make sure you’re using a high quality, true essential oil and not a fragrance oil because a fragrance oil is no different than perfume. It won’t be effective in your cleaning like true essential oil will. If the bottle says fragrance oil anywhere on it, just stay away. I use this Lemon Oil
How to Make Homemade Glass and Window Cleaner Spray
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating and share it! It helps make the recipe more visible so that other’s can find it and make it.
DIY Natural Glass and Window Cleaner Recipe
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 cup distilled water tap water is fine if distilled is not available
- 1 TBL White Vinegar
- 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil Optional. This cleaner will work just fine without it. Helpful for cutting through extra dirt or grime.
- 16 oz glass spray bottle Plastic is fine if you're not using the Lemon Essential Oil
- microfiber cleaning cloth
- Add all ingredients to your glass spray bottle.
- Gently shake to combine.
- To use, spray surface and then wipe with a soft, clean microfiber cloth.
Related Articles: More DIY Natural Cleaning Recipes
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- DIY Oatmeal Body Butter Recipe
- Top Basil Essential Oil Benefits & Over 30 Uses
- Safe Essential Oils for Breastfeeding to support milk supply
- Easy DIY Natural Honey and Vanilla Beehive Soap Bars Recipe with Shea Butter
- Best Essential Oils for Scars + DIY Healing Scar Roller blend
- Easy DIY Chamomile Bath Salts Recipe