Scented BodyWash recipe with essential oils
Scented bodywash is a fun way to wake up your senses in the morning or calm them down at night. Bodywash can also provide valuable nourishment to your skin, if it contains the right ingredients.
This bodywash recipe uses all natural nourishing ingredients that won't dry out your skin. Customize it to your liking with your choice of your favorite scent.
- 8 ounce glass pump bottle (reuse an existing container ,or pick one up here. These PET plastic pump bottles will also work well)
- ½ cup unscented castile soap (I'm in love with Dr. Bronner's)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable glycerin (This is a good one from Amazon)
- 3 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 10 - 20 drops of your favorite essential oil such as Lavender, Wild Orange, Patchouli, Frankincense, or Peppermint.
Here's my Amazon picks:
- Combine ingredients into glass pump bottle.
- Add desired essential oil(s).
- Shake to combine.
Make sure to shake before each use, as the ingredients will separate.
To use, add a teaspoon or so to a washcloth, a natural loofah, or foot scrubber to scrub away dead skin and reveal the fresh, new skin.
Please note that so called 'essential oils' sold in most retail drugstores, super-centers and supermarkets are NOT actually essential oils, but synthetic perfumes even though they are marketed as 'pure'. Many tests have been done on these brands to prove this. Synthetics will not give you the same results as true essential oils.
I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I use.
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I have used and purchased all of these items myself and would never recommend something I haven't tried. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.