DIY All Purpose Cleaner with printable labels
This is a simple DIY All Purpose Cleaning Spray recipe that includes OnGuard, Lemon, and Melaleuca with Apple Cider or White Vinegar that you can use to clean your entire home. I use it everywhere - my kitchen, bathrooms, showers, counter tops, toilets, you name it.
This DIY All Purpose Cleaning Spray is non-toxic, safe, and the perfect natural, green cleaning option for your whole home.
If you're concerned about using it on your counter tops, I have used it on my granite counter tops safely for years. No etching, and it leaves my counters shiny and pretty.
There is no need to pull out your rubber gloves and surgical masks when you clean your home. It might surprise you to know that you can concoct simple and inexpensive non-toxic cleaners from ingredients already lying around your house.
Using essential oils to create your own all natural cleaning spray is not only safe on the environment, but is safe for your family as well. No one wants to put their baby in the bathtub that contains toxic residue from your chemical cleaners.
This spray is perfect for cleaning hard surfaces in the kitchen, bathroom, etc.
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 ¾ cups water. (I recommend distilled, but tap will work just fine.)
- 30 drops doTERRA essential oil
Recommended essential oil combinations:
Here are some essential oil combinations you could add to your homemade cleaning spray. You don't want to use all of these - just pick one and go with it. We need a total of 30 drops of essential oil, so pick what you like the best.
- 10 drops each of OnGuard, Melaleuca, Lemon (this option is perfect for sanitizing)
- 15 drops each of Lavender and Lemon
- 10 drops each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Wild Orange
- 30 drops doTERRA On Guard®
- 15 drops each of Grapefruit and doTERRA On Guard
- Add all ingredients to 16-ounce spray bottle*
- Shake thoroughly.
*Note: Be sure to use a spray bottle that is safe for use with essential oils. I prefer glass, but there are a few plastics that are safe, such as PET. This is what I use and I order it directly from Amazon.
You'll want to label your DIY Cleaning Spray so that you know what you're grabbing. It's happened to me - I've reached for the cleaning spray and ended up with the dusting spray and now I have an oily mess on my counters.
These are some cute labels that you save and print with any printer. They are designed to print on waterproof (a.k.a. oil proof) labels that you can order from our friend Amazon. I've got links below for each.
I have 2 label options for you. A circular label, or a rectangular label. Pick whichever you like best.
Pin this so you can easily find it
While you can use any essential oil for this cleaning spray, I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I use.
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I have used and purchased all of these items myself and would never recommend something I haven't tried. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.