Have you ever heard of Copaiba essential oil? Well, let me tell you, it’s like a superhero in a tiny bottle! Derived from the resin of the Copaifera officinalis tree, which hails all the way from the lush forests of South America, this golden elixir is a total game-changer.
Whether you’re dealing with pesky inflammation or in desperate need of some chill-out time, Copaiba essential oil has got your back.
In this blog post, we’re diving headfirst into the fantastic benefits of Copaiba oil, giving you the lowdown on how it can work wonders for your body and mind.
Get ready to embrace a natural remedy that’s about to become your new BFF on your quest for ultimate health and happiness. Let’s get started, shall we?
Be sure to consult your healthcare provider before using any essential oil, especially if you have a medical condition you are being treated for, and keep out of reach of children just as you would any medication.
Benefits of Copaiba essential oil.
For hundreds of years, traditional healers in northeastern Brazil have used Copaiba trees for their health benefits.
The impressive health benefits of copaiba include:
- help soothe anxious feelings
- support the cardiovascular, nervous, digestive, immune, and respiratory systems.*
- has powerful antioxidant benefits.
- It can soothe and support the nervous system.
Copaiba vs CBD oil
Copaiba contains Beta-caryophyllene which activates the CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system – this makes it a powerful substitute for CBD oil.
And unlike psychoactive cannabinoids like THC and CBD oil, which work on same cannabinoid receptors (CB1 and CB2), Copaiba is completely legal.
It is also less expensive than CBD oil. Only one or two drops of copaiba oil can start affecting the body which make it a great choice as an alternative medicine option.
How Copaiba essential oil is sourced
Copaiba essential oil comes from fragrant tropical trees found in the rainforests of tropical South America that have been used for hundreds of years for their health benefits.
Copaiba essential oil is steam distilled from the resin of the Copaiba tree
doTERRA Copaiba is sourced from four species of Copaiba trees in South America. By harnessing the most potent copaiba species, a maximum potency essential oil is obtained.
Fun Fact #1: The Copaiba tree can live up to 400 years, and grow more than 100 feet tall.
Fun Fact #2: It takes .08 pounds of copaiba resin to produce 15ml of copaiba essential oil.
Fun Fact #3: There are 1064+ published studies about the benefits of caryophyllene, the main chemical constituent of copaiba.
Watch this video to see how doTERRA sources their Copaiba.
35 Copaiba Essential Oil Uses
Here are 35 uses for Copaiba essential oil. These are easy ways for how to use Copaiba oil in your every day life.
- Massage gently onto temples to help reduce head tension.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.
- Diffuse at night to lessen stress and promote emotional well-being.
- Diffuse the RELAX BLEND (5 drops Copaiba and 3 drops Peace)
- Apply to the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of relaxation.
- Inhale from the bottle to calm tension and nerves.
- Massage into sore muscles.
- Apply to the bottom of your feet to help balance mood.
- Rub onto the abdomen to support the digestive system.
- Use the SOOTHING FOREST DIFFUSER BLEND (3 drops Copaiba and 2 drops Douglas Fir)
- Add 2 drops to water to support the nervous system.
- Mix with a carrier oil and apply over the chest to support cardiovascular health.
- Mix with DigestZen to sooth stomach upset.
- Apply topically to soothe skin irritations.
- Apply to pulse points to help balance mood.
- Apply to the bottoms of the feet to support a normal inflammatory response.
- Apply over the heart.
- Mix with Breathe and apply to chest to support proper respiratory function.
- Add 1-2 drops to juice (or water) to boost the immune system.
- Combine 10 drops with 1 c. baking soda and 2 c. epsom salt and add to your warm bath for relaxation.
- Add 1-2 drops to a cup of warm tea.
- Create a 10ml roller bottle for restful sleep. Add 20 drops of each oil (Copaiba, Vetiver, Clary Sage) and fill the rest with FCO.
- Mix with a drop of Peppermint. Rub in hand, cup and inhale scent for a quick pick-me-up.
- Inhale directly from the bottle.
- Add 2 drops along with 2 drops of Cypress to your lotion to help improve circulation.
- Apply to the big toe along with Frankincense for a night of restful sleep.
- Add 1-2 drops to a lava bracelet.
- Take with Siberian Fir and Frankincense Daily. (Under the tongue or in a capsule)
- Diffuse with Frankincense and Balance to help with feelings of overwhelm.
- Massage into joints to relieve aches.
- Add 2 drops to a glass of water to support a healthy nervous system.
- Mix 2 drops with 2 drops of Cardamom for an upset stomach.
- Mix with a drop of Frankincense. Rub in hand, cup over nose and inhale.
- Make a Cell Reboot Veggie Capsule: 3 drops Frankincense, 3 drops Copaiba, 5 drops Olive Oil
- Combine with Frankincense and use daily for optimal health.
Copaiba Essential Oil Diffuser Blends
Relax, unwind, and improve your mood with these essential oil diffuser blends featuring Copaiba and doTERRA Essential Oils.
Need to pick up a diffuser?
doTERRA has several high quality diffusers at different price points.
You can also find a wide variety of Diffusers on Amazon under $25.
Copaiba Roller Recipes
Essential oil rollers are an easy and convenient and way to get the benefits of Copaiba. Topical use of an essential oil allows you to target the affected area. For example, if you have joint pain, you can use the roller directly on the joint for natural pain relief.
Topical application is popular because it is fast acting. The best way to use a roller is to roller it over pulse points such as the inside of your wrist or elbows, the back of the neck, or the bottoms of the feet.
To make a roller:
- Add the drops of essential oil to an empty roller (I use these)
- Top off the roller with your favorite carrier oil such as jojoba oil or fractionated coconut oil (I use this one).
- Pop the roller on and gently shake to mix everything
Related: More essential oil education spotlight articles
Buy Copaiba Essential Oil or Softgels
We are a doTERRA Certified shop. Shop Confidently!
It’s clear that Copaiba deserves a prime spot in your essential oil collection and wellness toolkit. From its anti-inflammatory prowess to its ability to promote relaxation and emotional balance, Copaiba is a powerful essential oil that offers a host of advantages that can enhance your overall well-being.
Whether you’re seeking relief from physical discomfort or craving a moment of tranquility in a hectic world, this golden elixir has the power to deliver.
So go ahead, embrace the wonders of Copaiba essential oil and unlock a world of holistic healing and rejuvenation. It’s time to experience firsthand the transformative potential of this South American superstar and let its aromatic embrace uplift your body, mind, and spirit.
Get ready to embark on a journey of wellness, one drop at a time.
Save this to your Pinterest Board to find it again easily
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- 8 Best Essential Oils for Stress Relief & Relaxation
- Simple Homemade Lavender Rosemary Infused DIY Soap Recipe
- How to get started with Meditation
- Best Essential Oils for Meditation, Diffuser Blends & Recipes
- Balancing Chakras with Essential Oils
- 5 Essential Oil Roller Bottle Blend Recipes for Calming and Relaxation