doTERRA Cypress Essential Oil has a fresh, clean aroma that’s energizing and refreshing. doTERRA Cypress essential oil is frequently used in spas and by massage therapists due to it’s ability to support healthy circulation.
Native to Southern Europe and Western Asia, doTERRA Cypress essential oil is derived from tall evergreen trees.
Cypress essential oil contains monoterpenes, making it beneficial for oily skin conditions. One of the main chemical compounds and monoterpenes in Cypress, α-pinene, helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes. The monoterpenes in Cypress are beneficial for oily skin and overall skin health.
doTERRA Cypress Essential Oil also has a grounding effect, making it a popular oil to diffuse during times of transition or loss.
Uses for doTERRA Cypress Essential Oil
- Apply to feet and legs prior to a long run.
- Diffuse with Lime essential oil for an invigorating scent.
- Mix together Cypress and Grapefruit essential oil with carrier oil for an invigorating massage.
- Add one to two drops to toner to help improve the appearance of oily skin.
8 doTERRA Cypress Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- An essential oil salve can be an effective way to enjoy the aromatic benefits of essential oils. Try making your own Cypress salve with this DIY Soothing Salve recipe. The addition of Cypress oil to the other oils in this recipe creates an invigorating vapor that can be useful during winter months.
- Searching for the energy to get up and run? Don’t sweat it, just apply Cypress oil to your feet and legs prior to a long run. The vitalizing sensation of Cypress oil on your skin will give you the motivational boost you need to endure and enjoy a long run.
- Oily skin is a common problem for many people. If you are looking for a way to reduce the shiny glow of oily skin, add Cypress oil to your daily routine. To rid your skin of the oily look, add one to two drops of Cypress oil to your toner to help improve the appearance of oily skin. This addition will give your skin a healthy-looking, radiant glow.
- Fill the air with the fresh scents of essential oils by making your own Cypress diffuser blend. Add Lime and Cypress oil in the diffuser of your choice for an invigorating scent. The soft, woody aroma of Cypress oil will work to renew and uplift the senses while the scent of Lime will help purify the air. This diffuser combination is perfect for diffusing in times of transition or when feeling a lack of energy.
- Are you wanting a renewed and fresh look for your skin? Try taking advantage of the topical benefits of Cypress oil by adding it to doTERRA’s unscented Spa Hand & Body Lotion. This homemade, Cypress-infused lotion can be used to produce a grounding and stimulating scent when applied topically.
- Fill your home with the scent of fresh forest air by using this essential oil diffuser blend. Add two drops of Cypress, three drops Siberian Fir, and one drop Cedarwood for a refreshing, woody aroma. These three tree-based oils will create an atmosphere reminiscent of of a fresh evergreen forest that is perfect for any outdoor lover.
- Give yourself a little piece of relaxation at the end of the day by using Cypress oil in a bath. For optimal results, add a half cup of Epsom salt and three drops of Cypress oil to a warm tub to help your body relax and revitalize after a stressful day.
- When you are feeling stagnant, inhale Cypress oil directly from the bottle. Inhaling Cypress has many benefits and provides a grounding and stimulating effect on the emotions. Because Cypress oil contains a variety of monoterpenes, its aromatic compounds help to uplift and give you the added boost you may need.
Oils that Blend Well with Cypress Oil
- Topical application helps to invigorate the senses
- Helps improve the appearance of oily skin
- Commonly diffused with citrus oils for an uplifting aroma
Clean, fresh, woody, herbaceous
Branch/Leaf from Cupressus sempervirens and lusitanica
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
There are no reviews yet.