How to Use Melissa Essential Oil (Lemon Balm)
Learn How to Use Melissa Essential Oil for Emotional and Physical Health. This essential oil offers powerful benefits for our immune system, help with seasonal watery eyes and sniffles, anxious feelings, feeling down, and so much more.
Here's a few Fun Facts:
- This essential oil is also known as Lemon Balm, which is the common name of the plant this precious essential oil comes from, and you may see me refer to Lemon Balm throughout this article..
- This essential oil received it's name because of its sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”).
- As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, this essential oil has a wide range of health benefits and uses.*
DID YOU KNOW?
It takes approximately 22 pounds of Lemon Balm flowers to make 1 5ml bottle of the essential oil!
Emotional Benefits of Melissa Essential Oil
Melissa essential oil is known as the oil of light and release. The oil contains aldehyes like Neral (fancy chemical constituent name) that makes it a restoring oil.
It sparks enthusiasm and shines light where there was despair or darnkenss. It is the friend that will help let you go, move past emotions, and push forward.
It can help address the feelings of feeling weighed down, stuck, lack of confidence, hopeless, or held back and turn those around into positive emotions.
The story behind how doTERRA sources Melissa
10 Ways to use Melissa essential oil
- One of this oil’s most prominent health benefits is that it may help support a healthy immune system.* To obtain this powerful bodily assistance, dilute one drop of Melissa essential oil into 4 fl. oz. of liquid and drink.* You can also take Melissa essential oil internally by putting Melissa oil into a veggie capsule and ingesting it like a dietary supplement.
- Two of the main chemical constituents of Melissa essential oil are geranial and neral. These two chemicals contain soothing properties that make this essential oil a perfect oil for relaxation. For optimal relaxation, apply Melissa oil topically or put a few drops of Melissa oil into a diffuser.
- Don’t let nerves ruin your big moment. Before a nerve-wracking speech, presentation, or performance, apply one to two drops of this essential oil to the palms of your hands and cup your hands over your nose and inhale. This is great for calming tension and nerves and will prove to be a powerful aid during those anxious occasions.
- Give your skin an invigorating boost by applying the essential oil topically. Add it oil to your moisturizer or to a spray bottle with water and spritz your face. This simple essential oil addition will give your skin a rejuvenated feeling and will help refresh the mind.
- After a long day, let your mind and body relax and unwind with a little help from Melissa essential oil. For relieving results, rub Melissa oil on your forehead, shoulders, or chest. Applying this essential oil will help lessen feelings of stress and promote emotional well-being.
- One of the most important things you can do to support your body’s health is to get a full night’s sleep. Aside from nutrition, sleep is the fuel that gives your body the strength to work and play. To help create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep, diffuse Melissa oil in your diffuser before going to bed.
- For possible support your body’s immune system, place one to two drops of Melissa essential oil under the tongue or on the roof of the mouth and then swallow.* Directly placing an appropriate quantity of the essential oil into your mouth is an easy and quick way to receive the internal benefits of this powerful oil.*
Try blending with these other oils:
6 Diffuser Blend Recipes
4 Spray and Roller recipes
How to buy Melissa Essential Oil
Because of the sheer amount of plant material needed to make the essential oil, Melissa is a very pricey essential oil. You will get the best price with a doTERRA wholesale account which saves you 25% off the retail price.
Even with the low, one time membership fee, you are still paying far less than the retail price.
Get your doTERRA wholesale membership and Melissa Oil for less than the cost of the retail price of Melissa!