Some of the main benefits of Melissa , also known as Lemon Balm, include:
- May help to support a healthy immune system when taken internally*
- Internal use can help calm tension and nerves*
- Encourages feelings of relaxation and creates a relaxing atmosphere
- Can help calm feelings of tension
Here’s a few Fun Facts:
The oil contains aldehyes like Neral (fancy chemical constituent name) that makes it a restoring oil.
It sparks enthusiasm and shines light where there was despair or darkness.It
Melissa essential oil, also known as lemon balm essential oil, is sourced from the plant Melissa officinalis, which is commonly known as lemon balm.
This plant is native to the Mediterranean region and is cultivated in various countries such as Italy, Spain, France, and Bulgaria.
The essential oil is typically extracted through steam distillation of the leaves and the white flowers of the Melissa plant.
Benefits of Melissa essential oil
Essential Oils that blend well with Melissa
Try blending any of these essential oils with Melissa to create diffuser blends, or to apply topically:
Pin for later
Add these to your diffuser and enjoy the benefits of the essential oils while it fills your room with the scent of the essential oils. Use your diffuser instead of toxic candles in your home for healthy air quality.
Pin for later
Here are some room spray recipes that use Melissa. These are non-toxic, healthy room sprays that don’t contain all the bad chemicals and artificial fragrances found in store bought sprays.
To make your spray:
- Add the drops of essential oil to any empty 8 oz glass spray bottle
- Top with either witch hazel or distilled water (tap is fine too)
- Gently shake before using
4 Melissa Roller Recipes
These Roller Recipes using Melissa oil are an easy way to get the benefits of the essential oils topically.
Roll on pulse points like your wrists, inside elbows, the back of your neck, down your spine, or the bottoms of your feet.
To make a roller:
- Add the drops of essential oil to an empty glass roller bottle.
- Top the roller bottle with a carrier oil like jojoba oil or fractionated coconut oil.
- push the roller on and gently shake to mix everything.
Checklist: 30 Ways to Use Melissa
Pin for later
Use this checklist as a way to try Melissa oil a new way each day for a month.
Here are 33 simple ways you can add Melissa to your daily routine:
- To support a healthy immune system add 1 drop to 4oz. liquid and drink.
- Add a drop to your tea. Add a few drops to your diffuser to promote relaxation.
- Apply 1-2 drops to the palms of your hands, cup your hands over your nose, and inhale.
- Add to your moisturizer or to a spray bottle with water and spritz your face.
- To relax the body and mind, rub 1 drop on your forehead, shoulders, or chest.
- Diffuse to encourage a restful night’s sleep.
- Place 1-2 drops under the tongue to help support the immune system.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle of water to create a simple cleaning spray.
- Take a drop under the tongue every morning to promote healthy cellular function.
- Mix 2-3 drops with fractionated coconut oil to help rejuvenate skin.
- Take two drops internally to promote healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range.
- Apply over the bridge of the nose to help reduce the effects of seasonal threats.
- Apply 1 drop to the roof of the mouth and hold for 5-10 seconds.
- Take a few drops in a capsule several times a day to help clear up the skin.
- Take 1 drop internally daily to support a healthy gut.
- Diffuse in the evening or during quiet times of the day to create a soothing, comforting
- Inhale deeply directly from the bottle.
- Dilute with fractionated coconut oil and massage on abdomen to help provide relief from cramps.
- Add a drop to herbal tea to soothe stomach discomfort.
- For help with excessively dry skin, dilute 1 drop with 1 tsp. carrier oil, then apply to the area 1-3
- times a day.
- To help promote healthy blood pressure levels, rub 1-3 drops (diluted) to the chest and back area.
- To promote relaxation, apply 1-2 drops (diluted) to the wrists, neck and/or ears.
- Apply a drop to the big toe to help promote a restful night’s sleep.
- Apply 1-2 drops diluted over the chest to promote clear and easy breathing.
- Diffuse to feel enlightened.
- Apply topically over the abdomen to help promote healthy digestion.
- Diffuse to promote emotional balance.
- Massage diluted topically over area of skin discomfort for calming relief.
- Apply along the spine to help lower body temperature.
- Apply topically over abdomen to help promote a healthy endocrine system.
- Take 2 drops daily in a veggie capsule to promote a healthy immune system.
More Essential Oil Spotlights
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- How to Make DIY Magnesium Oil Spray Homemade Recipe
- DIY Oatmeal Body Butter Recipe
- Top Basil Essential Oil Benefits & Over 30 Uses
- Safe Essential Oils for Breastfeeding to support milk supply
- Easy DIY Natural Honey and Vanilla Beehive Soap Bars Recipe with Shea Butter
- Best Essential Oils for Scars + DIY Healing Scar Roller blend