Turmeric essential oil has a woody aroma and comes from the root of the plant.
. It has been used since the middle ages as a ceremonial object and for ayurvedic medicine. Many of the modern uses of Turmeric today include using turmeric powder it as a spice in your Indian dishes, as well as a natural skin care product and medicine.
The turmeric plant (Curcuma longa) is a perennial flowering plant from the ginger family (scientifically known as the Zingiberaceae family). The plant itself does not grow wild, but where it is cultivated it can grow to more than three feet in height. Both the oil and the root have been used in Asia for thousands of years in Ayurvedic health practices.
Turmeric Essential Oil has slightly different properties as the spice yet are equally as powerful and beneficial. Use
I use affiliate links in this article. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission which goes towards the cost of running this website. Your price is not affected.
Benefits of Turmeric Essential Oil
The main constituents in turmeric essential oil are ar-Turmerone and Turmerone.
- Turmeric can support a healthy nervous system
- Can support a positive immune response for a healthy immune function.
- emotionally uplifting
- Turmeric has the ability to support healthy glucose and lipid metabolism.
- Turmeric can be used as a spot treatment to naturally reduce the appearance of blemishes on skin.
- Can help reduce the appearance of scars.
- Turmeric oil has anti-inflammatory properties
- Add to your recovery routine after strenuous activity for a soothing benefits especially for sore joints
- Helps support healthy, glowing skin, has anti-aging properties, can help fight blemishes and pimples, has a calming effect on sensitive or irritated skin, reducing redness and inflammation.
Scientific Studies on the Benefits of Turmeric Essential Oil
There have been many scientific studies done to explore the benefits of Turmeric Essential Oil. Here are links to a few of them so you can see the scientific backing behind the benefits of Turmeric Essential Oil.
- Scientific Study on the anti-inflammatory efficacy of turmeric essential oils
- This study was aimed to evaluate the chemical composition, antioxidant potential in vitro and in vivo, anti-inflammatory, and antinociceptive activity of turmeric oil.
How to Use Turmeric Essential Oil
Turmeric essential oil can be taken internally, applied topically, and used aromatically to utilize its many benefits.
Keep reading for suggestions and recipes on how to use Turmeric internally (by mouth), aromatically (smelling / diffusing), and topically (applying to skin).
You only need a small amount to receive the benefits. Just a few drops of turmeric oil is all that’s needed.
for Internal Use
The recommended number of drops to take is 1 – 2 drops per day.
For internal use of Turmeric oil, it’s recommended to use a veggie capsule, which is simply an empty capsule that you will add your essential oi into.
To make a veggie cap, add 1 – 2 drops of Turmeric to an empty capsule. Put the end of the capsule on and swallow with water.
Here are some powerful veggie cap blends to consider trying. Add the recommended number of drops of each oil to an empty veggie cap then drink with water.
Drink a Turmeric Latte or smoothie to get the Health Benefits
You can also add Turmeric to drinks. One popular drink is called Turmeric Golden Milk. Turmeric Lattes and smoothies are also popular. Read this related article for more ways to use Turmeric internally by adding it to your drinks.
Related Article: Drink Recipes using Turmeric Essential Oil
Turmeric Diffuser Blends for Aromatic Use
Turmeric Topical Use
Topical Use of Turmeric allows you to get the turmeric oil exactly where it needs to be. Sore Joint Pain? Apply Turmeric directly to that spot for quick relief. Be sure to avoid sensitive areas.
Sore Joint Pain Roller Recipe
Add the following in an empty 10ml roller bottle (grab a pack of THESE rollers from amazon)
- 5 Turmeric
- 5 Frankincense
- 5 Oregano
- 10 Copaiba
Top off with Carrier Oil and apply as needed.
30 Ways to Use Turmeric Essential Oil
- Take 1 drop internally for antioxidant support
- Add a drop to coconut milk and honey for a delicious drink
- Apply topically to skin to reduce the appearance of blemishes
- Diffuse to deter negative energy
- Dilute with carrier oil and mix with Copaiba essential oil and apply to sore, achy joints
- Take 1 drop in a veggie capsule to support healthy glucose levels
- Take internally to support healthy immune system
- Use as a spot treatment or in an all over face mask to help reduce the appearance of blemishes for a healthy looking glow
- Diffuse or put a drop into your hand and inhale to promote feelings of positivity and improve mood.
- Add it to your favorite dishes as a spice and reap the health benefits
- Take 1 – 2 drops daily to support our cells at every stage of their life cycle and boost overall cellular health.
- In your palm, add FCO and massage into skin wher you most need relief.
- Take 2 – 4 drops under your tongue to support pain and inflammation.
- Take 1 – 2 drops in a veggie cap to support healthy nervous system and cellular function.
- Apply topically to the stomach to help relieve gas and bloating.
- Inhale deeply from the bottle to help feel more grounded.
- Take 5 drops in a capsule to help improve brain function
- Diffuse to improve mood and help reduce obsessive thoughts.
- Rub Turmeric and Copaiba essential oil on the bottoms of your feet and big toe to get a restful sleep.
- For oral health support, add 2 – 3 drops to a spoonful of virgin coconut oil and swish in mouth for 5 minutes. Spit into garbage.
- To support breast health, massage 1 drop of Turmeric, 1 drop of pink pepper essential oil, and 1 drop Immortelle into breast and lymph tissue.
- After strenuous activity, incorporate Turmeric into your recovery routine for a soothing experience.
- Take 1 – 2 drops daily in a veggie capsule to help enhance cellular antioxidant enzymes.
- To improve mood and promote positivity, diffuse Turmeric or put a drop or two into your hand and inhale.
- Add a drop of Turmeric oil to a glass of water for internal benefits.
- Apply 2 – 3 drops to your big toes to help with blood supply and the brain.
- Take 1 drop daily to help support healthy glucose and lipid metabolism.
- Add a drop to your favorite curry.
- To support your metabolism, take one to two drops of Turmeric in at least four ounces of water.
- Use in a diffuser.
- Soothing Spice Diffuser Blend: 4 drops Ylang Ylang, 3 drops Turmeric, 3 drops Cinnamon Bark.
- Roots and Fruit Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Turmeric, 5 drops Green Mandarin.
- Hippie Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Wild Orange, 3 drops Black Pepper, 3 drops Cedarwood, 2 drops Turmeric, 2 drops Patchouli
More Essential Oil Spotlights & “30 Ways to Use” an essential oil posts:
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- 8 Best Essential Oils for Stress Relief & Relaxation
- Simple Homemade Lavender Rosemary Infused DIY Soap Recipe
- How to get started with Meditation
- Best Essential Oils for Meditation, Diffuser Blends & Recipes
- Balancing Chakras with Essential Oils
- 5 Essential Oil Roller Bottle Blend Recipes for Calming and Relaxation