- Which Essential Oils Are Safe for Dogs?
- Essential oils safety tips for dogs + dilution guide
- Products We Think You Will Love: Dog Paw Essential Oil Holder & Organizer
- How to let your dog smell an Essential Oil
- How to use essential oils on your dog
- Top 10 Safe Essential Oils for Your Dog
- 1. DigestZen Tummy Tamer Essential Oil Blend for dogs
- 2. Lavender Essential Oil for Skin and Calming Your Dog
- How to Use doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil
- 3. AromaTouch Massage Blend for your dog's sore muscles and joints
- 4. Frankincense Essential Oil for Dogs
- 5. Balance Grounding Blend for dogs
- 6. OnGuard Protective Blend for dogs
- 7. Breathe Respiratory Essential Oil Blend for dogs
- 8. InTune Focus Essential Oil Blend is a safe way to help your Dog's state of mind
- 9. Juniper Berry Essential Oil for safe support of your dog's kidney and urinary tracts.
- 10. Terrashield Outdoor Essential Oil Blend & Spray for fleas, ticks, and insects prevention for dogs.
- Essential Oils to that can be toxic to dogs
- Wrap Up of Safe Essential Oils for Dogs
Which Essential Oils Are Safe for Dogs?
There are many essentials oils that are safe for your dog. It’s important to learn which oils are safe, which are toxic, and how to use them safely.
You can learn how to keep your pup healthy with natural options.
- Refer to the dilution chart below for specifics.
Products We Think You Will Love: Dog Paw Essential Oil Holder & Organizer
This dog paw essential oil holder stand is perfect for the dog lover.
It comes in multiple color options.
Top 10 Safe Essential Oils for Your Dog
This unique blend contains Ginger, Fennel, and Coriander to help ease occasional stomach discomfort, including motion sickness and indigestion, while Peppermint, Tarragon, Anise, and Caraway aid with proper digestion and help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense can bring on feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
• Known as the “KING of ALL OILS.”• Promotes cellular health and DNA integrity.• Supports healthy function of the nervous system.
When in doubt, get the Frankincense Out!
How to use doTERRA Frankincense for dogs
doTERRA OnGuard is one of the MOST POPULAR blends and is safe to use on dogs to keep them well.doTERRA OnGuard protective blend protects your dog against environmental and seasonal issues with Essential Oils known for their positive effects on the immune system.
A primary function of Essential Oils in plants is protecting against insects and other predators. Unlike other products that contain synthetic and toxic chemicals, doTERRA Terrashield is a natural approach to managing exposure to biting insects.
doTERRA Terrashield’s fresh, light citrus scent is wonderfully invigorating and can be used safely by everyone in the family.
One application provides coverage that lasts up to 6 hours.
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree)
A few final safety tips for using Essential Oils on Dogs
Here are some additional safety tips for all pets:
- Dilute for topical use.
- Know your pet’s health status.• Do NOT use oils on or near eyes, ears, nose, or genitals of your pet
- Use a water diffuser for aromatic use and allow your pet to roam freely with an open door to the room
- Caution should be used around animals that are pregnant, nursing, young, or on certain medications.
- Do not use oils topically on your pet if using a topical medication or dermal patch – this includes topical flea/ tick preventatives.
- Do not give any of the products containing xylitol (toothpaste, beadlets, etc.) to your pet.
- Only use doTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils. Fragrance Oils are toxic and dangerous.
- Observe your pet’s behavior after using essential oils on and around them.
In the event of an adverse reaction, dilute with a carrier oil – skin irritation is the most common, and most reactions resolve within 24–48 hours after oil exposure.
Discontinue use of an oil if your pet shows signs of distress, drooling, squinting, rubbing their face, vocalization, shaking, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Wrap Up of Safe Essential Oils for Dogs
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
You may also be interested in this article on
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog