Benefits and Uses for Black Pepper Essential Oil
doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil is a warm, multi-purpose oil. Black Pepper oil aids in the wellness of multiple body systems including immune, circulatory and digestive systems. It can be a great addition to your wellness routine.
It has been used since antiquity both for it’s flavor as a well-knownspice, and for it’s health benefits. In ancient Rome and Greece, it even had a high trade value!
The black pepper plant is a flowering vine. The essential oil is steam distilled from the fruit of the black pepper plant.
Black Pepper essential oil is high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, which are natural chemicals known for their antioxidant activity and their ability to support the immune system when needed most.*
Pin for later
doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil, also known as piper nigrum, has been shown to be rich in the chemical components of caryophyllene and limonene. Sooo – why is that important?
Here’s a super quick and painless science lesson:
Research shows that caryophyllene can support healthy osteoblast – the cells responsible for maintaining bone structure.
Limonene is the chemical component found abundantly in citrus oils and account for the cleansing and purifying properties.
So that’s why these chemical components are important and can help our body.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not information is not medical advice and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. If you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor before using essential oils.
Spiritual & Emotional Benefits of Black Pepper Essential Oil
Black Pepper is known as the Oil of Unmasking.
It reveals the masks and facades to help you live a life of self-awareness and integrity.
When you use Black pepper, it can help you conquer the negative emotions of:
- Holding Back
- Feeling Trapped
Black Pepper can help you feel more:
- Self Aware
- Have more Integrity
Pin for later
Top Health Benefits of Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Powerful antioxidant properties
- Supports digestion and improves gut health
- Helps relieve sore muscles and joint pain
- Boosts circulation and detoxification
- Enhances mental clarity and focus
Beauty and Skin Benefits of Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Helps reduce acne and skin blemishes
- Promotes hair growth and fights dandruff
- Improves blood circulation for healthy skin
How to Use Black Pepper Essential Oil
Inhalation and aromatherapy
Use in a diffuser or inhaler for aromatherapy benefits.
This method of use can be great to help relieve symptoms of anxiety.
Pin for later
Apply to skin where needed. For example, sore knee joints. Add 1 – 2 drops of black pepper oil to the palm of your hand along with some carrier oil such as jojoba oil. Then apply where needed.
You may feel a warming sensation. This warming effect is wonderful on cold feet in the winter.
Be sure to do a small patch test to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction, especially if you have sensitive skin. If you do, try using it on an insensitive part of the body like the bottoms of your feet.
Internal use can provide healthy cell function and healthy circulation.
You may add the oil to an empty veggie cap. Add 1 or 2 drops to a capsule to provide massive anti-oxidant support, digestion, healthy circulation, immune function, and ease anxious feelings.
Black Pepper can also be used in many recipes and dishes as a replacement for chili peppers or spice. Start small with 1 drop of black pepper oil and do a taste test before adding more.
Black Pepper blends well with many essential oils
Black Pepper Essential Oil blends well with Bergamot, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Clove, Juniper Berry, Sandalwood, and Cedarwood. Use these suggestions to come up with your own favorite diffuser blend.
DID YOU KNOW? Black Pepper essential oil is found in the OnGuard softgels? These softgels are my favorite way to keep my family healthy during the winter months.
Here is a list of 33 ways to use Black Pepper Essential Oil. Comment below with one of the ways you are going to try it!
33 Ways to Use Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Apply to the bottoms of feet to help improve circulation.
- Diffuse to cleanse the air.
- Take 2 drops in a capsule to help prevent feeling unwell or under the weather.
- Apply diluted over chest and upper back to help break up congestion.
- Make a muscle rub by massaging into muscles with a carrier oil to help with pain relief.
- Add a drop to flavor your meals.
- Apply topically to the abdomen to help reduce constipation.
- Apply topically to the bottoms of feet to help reduce anxious feelings.
- Apply to the lower abdomen to help with cramps.
- Diffuse for emotional support in getting from repressed to honest.
- Use 1 drop under the tongue to assist with cigarette cravings.
- Apply topically with a warm compress to increase blood flow.
- Take 1-2 drops in a capsule to help with digestive upset.
- Diffuse with Siberian Fir to help clear airways.
- Take internally to help prevent gas.
- Massage into affected areas to help relax muscle spasms.
- Diffuse or inhale directly to soothe anxious feelings.
- Take 1-2 drops in veggie caps daily when seasonal threats are high.
- Add to meats, soups, entrees, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.
- Create a warming, soothing massage by combining one to two drops with FCO.
- After an afternoon nap, apply a few drops of Black Pepper essential oil to the bottom of your feet for a stimulating wake up.
- To relieve anxious feelings, inhale directly from the bottle.
- Combine with Juniper Berry and/or Cedarwood to help produce a calming and grounding effect on your senses and emotions.
- Put 1-2 drops into a Veggie Cap and take internally to provide your body with greater antioxidant support.
- To help keep warm, apply one drop to a carrier oil and apply to the bottom of your feet.
- Apply to the bottoms of the feet to help detoxify the body.
- To increase nerve function, apply topically to the affected area.
- Take 1-2 drops internally to help support the immune system.
- Create your own warming and soothing massage blend by combining 1-2 drops with a carrier oil.
- Add a drop to hands, rub together, cup and inhale to improve appetite.
- Add 1-2 drops to a smoothie to help promote healthy digestion.
- To reduce cravings for nicotine, add a little to the tip of the tongue.
- Take internally to help support a healthy metabolism.
Try this recipe out for sore joints, and be sure to try my all time favorite diffuser blend that I call Abundance! Comment and let me know what you think of it!
More Essential Oils Spotlights – learn more about your favorite essential oils.
If you found this information useful, you may also be interested in these other educational essential oils articles. Check back frequently as I am adding more to this series.
In conclusion, black pepper essential oil offers a wide range of benefits and uses for anyone seeking to improve their overall health and well-being.
From its potential to relieve digestive issues and respiratory conditions to its ability to provide relief for muscle and joint discomfort, black pepper essential oil deserves a place in every one’s collection.
Incorporating black pepper essential oil into your routine may provide you with numerous benefits and enhance your overall wellness.
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- DIY Oatmeal Body Butter Recipe
- Top Basil Essential Oil Benefits & Over 30 Uses
- Safe Essential Oils for Breastfeeding to support milk supply
- Easy DIY Natural Honey and Vanilla Beehive Soap Bars Recipe with Shea Butter
- Best Essential Oils for Scars + DIY Healing Scar Roller blend
- Easy DIY Chamomile Bath Salts Recipe