33 Ways to Use Black Pepper Essential Oil
doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil is a warm and versatile essential oil. Black Pepper oil aids in the wellness of multiple body systems including immune, circulatory and digestive systems.
It has been used since antiquity both for it's flavor as a spice, and it's health benefits.
The essential oil is steam distilled from the fruit of the pepper plant.
doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil has been shown to be rich in the chemical components of caryophyllene and limonene. Sooo - why is that important?
Here's a super quick and painless science lesson:
Research shows that caryophyllene can support healthy osteoblast - the cells responsible for maintaining bone structure. Limonene is the chemical component found abundantly in citrus oils and account for the cleansing and purifying properties. So that's why these chemical components are important and can help our body.
My Favorite Way to use Black Pepper Essential Oils
Ok, I have two ways that I love to use it. First, is my all time favorite diffuser blend which I call the Abundance blend. It is amazing any time I have stuff to get done and need to focus and crank out the work. It makes a huge difference! Try it! Scroll to the bottom and look for the Bonus section for the blend, along with a bonus Joint Support Blend.
My second favorite way to use it is to support my body is by taking 1 or 2 drops internally via a capsule to provide massive anti-oxidant support, digestion, healthy circulation, immune function, and ease anxious feelings.
Stay Warm in Winter
Another common use for Black Pepper is to help your body stay warm. Before or after spending time in cold weather, dilute Black Pepper with coconut oil and massage in to the bottoms of your feet. This strong warming effect is the perfect preparation for venturing out and a great way to recover your warmth quickly once you are back inside.
Cook with Black Pepper essential oil
You can also add it as a wonderful flavoring to your favorite BBQ sauce, marinade, soup recipe or other dishes that call for a little bit of spice.
Black Pepper blends well with many essential oils
As I already mentioned, Black Pepper essential oil is wonderful in a diffuser. I've shared one of my all time, and most used diffuser blends in the bonus section below. You definitely need to try it! Let me know in the comments how you like it.
For more diffuser blend ideas, Black Pepper Essential Oil blends well with Bergamot, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Clove, Juniper Berry, Sandalwood, and Cedarwood. Use these suggestions to come up with your own favorite diffuser blend.
DID YOU KNOW? Black Pepper essential oil is found in the OnGuard softgels? These softgels are my favorite way to keep my family healthy during the winter months.
Here is a list of 33 ways to use Black Pepper Essential Oil. Comment below with one of the ways you are going to try it!
33 Ways to Use Black Pepper Essential Oil
- Apply to the bottoms of feet to help improve circulation.
- Diffuse to cleanse the air.
- Take 2 drops in a capsule to help prevent feeling unwell or under the weather.
- Apply diluted over chest and upper back to help break up congestion.
- Massage into muscles with a carrier oil to help relieve pain.
- Add a drop to flavor your meals.
- Apply topically to the abdomen to help reduce constipation.
- Apply topically to the bottoms of feet to help reduce anxious feelings.
- Apply to the lower abdomen to help with cramps.
- Diffuse for emotional support in getting from repressed to honest.
- Use 1 drop under the tongue to assist with cigarette cravings.
- Apply topically with a warm compress to increase blood flow.
- Take 1-2 drops in a capsule to help with digestive upset.
- Diffuse with Siberian Fir to help clear airways.
- Take internally to help prevent gas.
- Massage into affected areas to help relax muscle spasms.
- Diffuse or inhale directly to soothe anxious feelings.
- Take 1-2 drops in veggie caps daily when seasonal threats are high.
- Add to meats, soups, entrees, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.
- Create a warming, soothing massage by combining one to two drops with FCO.
- After an afternoon nap, apply a few drops of Black Pepper essential oil to the bottom of your feet for a stimulating wake up.
- To relieve anxious feelings, inhale directly from the bottle.
- Combine with Juniper Berry and/or Cedarwood to help produce a calming and grounding effect on your senses and emotions.
- Put 1-2 drops into a Veggie Cap and take internally to provide your body with greater antioxidant support.
- To help keep warm, apply one drop to a carrier oil and apply to the bottom of your feet.
- Apply to the bottoms of the feet to help detoxify the body.
- To increase nerve function, apply topically to the affected area.
- Take 1-2 drops internally to help support the immune system.
- Create your own warming and soothing massage blend by combining 1-2 drops with a carrier oil.
- Add a drop to hands, rub together, cup and inhale to improve appetite.
- Add 1-2 drops to a smoothie to help promote healthy digestion.
- To reduce cravings for nicotine, add a little to the tip of the tongue.
- Take internally to help support a healthy metabolism.
Try this recipe out for sore joints, and be sure to try my all time favorite diffuser blend that I call Abundance! Comment and let me know what you think of it!
30 Ways to Use Essential Oils Series
If you found this information useful, you may also be interested in these "30 Ways to Use" essential oils series. Check back frequently as I am adding more to this series.