I have a crush on these peppermint chocolates. Who can say no to crushed candy canes and chocolate?
These are a super healthy alternative to store bought chocolate mints and are easy to make. Treat some of your favorite people with a homemade gift made from the heart.
I use affiliate links in this article. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission which goes towards the cost of running this website. Your price is not affected.
- 1 ½ cup organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 3 drops Peppermint oil*
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 candy cane, crushed
- Whip solid coconut oil, raw honey, and Peppermint essential oil together with hand mixer. The whipped filling should be white and fluffy when complete.
- Refrigerate whipped filling for about five minutes.
- Use a small scoop or measuring spoon to make small mounds of mint filling. Press down with spoon or finger to make a flat shape.
- Place each piece on sheet of parchment paper on top of cookie sheet. Return mints to freezer until ready to coat with chocolate.
- In small saucepan or double boiler, gently melt chocolate chips over low heat.
- Take mints out of freezer. Use fork to dip each piece in melted chocolate. Place on top of cooling rack.
- For holiday fun, sprinkle with crushed candy cane immediately after coating.
- Put chocolates back in freezer to cool until hardened. Serve chocolates immediately or store in refrigerator until you are ready to eat them.
Tip: Use a cool spoon to shape whipped filling to reduce sticking.
**When cooking with essential oils, make sure you are using an essential oil that is safe to consume. Most so called essential oils are fragrance only and can be quite toxic to consume. I choose to use doTERRA essential oil because it has the highest purity available on the market. Click here to learn how to get started with doTERRA essential oils.
Christmas Products We Think You’ll Love
Display your essential oils in these cute Christmas Tree Essential Oil Holders and match your Christmas Decor!
- Keep one next to each diffuser during the Christmas Season
- Give as gifts to your essential oil lover friends
Related Christmas Essential Oil Articles
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog