Best Homemade Soft Scrub Cleaner
Cleaning the bathroom is not an experience people look forward to very often. Being stuck in a small closed space with harsh chemicals not only makes it hard to breathe, but can also be hazardous to your health.
Have you ever stopped to think about the residue left in the tub? I certainly don't want my kids soaking that into their little bodies.
The next time you clean your bathroom, why not try mixing up an effective cleaner with many ingredients you already have at home. It still might not be your favorite household chore, but you will at least have a clean bathroom and cleaning products to make the job a little easier to handle. And you will feel good knowing that your kids will not be soaking up a chemical concoction left from commercial cleaners.
You can use this cleaner on counters, toilets, in the tub and shower, kitchen sink, refrigerator or tile floors.
Make in small batches and store in an airtight container. This is enough for two to four applications. This soft scrub is excellent for getting rid of soap scum, removing stains, and brightening your tile and toilet. To use, just apply and let it sit for 5–10 minutes and then scrub. Once done scrubbing, take a wet cloth and wipe clean.
- ¾ rounded cup baking soda
- ¼ cup unscented liquid castile soap (I'm in love with this one)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 5–10 drops Lemon oil
My Amazon Picks:
- In bowl, combine baking soda and castile soap.
- Add water and stir.
- Add vinegar and essential oil. The consistency should be a soft paste.
- Store in airtight container.
- Add ingredients directly to partially drained bowl. As it reacts, scrub toilet.
Note: This combination is intended for one use at a time.
Please note that so called 'essential oils' sold in most retail drugstores, super-centers and supermarkets are NOT actually essential oils, but synthetic perfumes even though they are marketed as 'pure'. Many tests have been done on these brands to prove this. Synthetics will not give you the same results as true essential oils.
I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I use.
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. When possible, I recommend items I have tried and loved. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.