Homemade Produce Wash with essential oils
Washing your produce in with this homemade all natural fruit and veggie / produce wash is a great way to make sure your food is clean.
It's so important, now more than ever, to wash your fruits and vegetables before eating them.
There is no reason to spend a ton of money on a special cleaner from the store. You can make your own in just a few minutes at a fraction of the price.
A common misconception is that essential oils are expensive, but Lemon essential oil is just a few pennies per drop! So that makes this recipe very affordable.
Why we need to wash our produce
Why do we need to wash our produce? For 2 big reasons.
First, it's important to wash off any pesticide residue that may be left on your produce, especially if your produce isn't organic.
Secondly, You can help get rid of any germs that may be hiding unseen. You never know who has handled your produce before you brought it home, or where it's been. If the person picking it was sick, odds are there may be some germs left.
Or if someone in the grocery store happened to be nearby and coughed, those germs could have easily made their way onto your grapes. This produce wash can help remove any germs and bacteria that may have inadvertently made their way onto your fruits and veggies.
This all natural fruit and veggie wash solution removes all those residues and has germ killing properties to boot!
- 1/2 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 drops Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops OnGuard essential Oil
- use 10 drops of Lemon Essential Oil. Your choice.
- Combine all the ingredients in your clean sink or a bowl and let your fruit and vegetables soak in it for about 15 or so minutes. Please make sure your sink is clean first and you didn't just rinse a raw chicken in it because that would be really bad.
- Rinse your produce in a colander to remove the vinegar and lemon.
Recipe courtesy of "The Essential Life" book.