Sweet Potato Fries & Avocado Lime Dip
Check out this Sweet Potato Fries recipe with Avocado Lime Dip. This is a yummy and healthy summer side dish recipe with a bit of a kick.
The sweet potato fries are packed with vitamins and nutrients, and the seasoning makes them super tasty and a bit spicey.
The dip is made with Lime essential oil and hot sauce to give the fries some even added extra flavor.
The recipe calls for an oven to cook the sweet potato fries in, but if you have an air fryer, that would work really well! I just purchased one and am looking forward to trying it.
1–2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled and cut
2–3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Kosher salt, to taste
Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
1–2 drops Lime oil**
2–3 dashes hot sauce
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F (or use an air fryer)
- Toss ingredients together in sealed bag until evenly coated.
- Place evenly on large-rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, turning once until wedges are golden brown and crisp (25–30 minutes).
- Place ingredients for dip in mini food processor and mix until smooth.
- Transfer dip to bowl and serve alongside sweet potato fries.
Tip: For extra crispy fries, lightly toss cut potatoes in two to three tablespoons of cornstarch before roasting.
I recently picked up and air fryer and this recipe would adapt well! I haven't tried this recipe in it yet, but am looking forward to trying it. Here's the air fryer I purchased if you are interested in trying out the recipe in one.
**It's important to use only essential oils that are safe for internal consumption. Most essential oils found in grocery stores and drugstores are fragrance only. The only essential oil I trust and choose to use is doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I use.
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I have used and purchased all of these items myself and would never recommend something I haven't tried. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.