recipe with Honey and Geranium Essential Oil
I use affiliate links in this article. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. Any money earned goes towards the cost of running this website. Every bit helps! Your price is not affected in any way.
Pin for later
Why Geranium Essential Oil is Good for your Hair and added to this hair mask recipe
Geranium essential oil is beneficial for hair because it helps to reduce dryness, which causes frizziness, itchiness, and breakage. Geranium essential oil helps to stimulate blood circulation and promote hair growth. It also provides an effective treatment for those pesky white flakes and a healthy scalp .
Geranium essential oil is extracted from the geranium plant, which is a perennial flowering plant that has been used for centuries in aromatherapy.
Due to Geranium essential oil’s ability to promote healthy-looking hair and skin, Geranium is a great oil to include in many skin and hair products.
You can even add a drop or two to your DIY hand wash, shampoo, heat protectant, hairspray, conditioner, body wash, or detangler. Adding Geranium essential oil to your everyday products will give you healthier and more vibrant hair and skin.
Why Add Raw Eggs to your conditioning hair mask
Raw eggs are one of the best ways to nourish your hair. The benefits of raw eggs for hair are endless and they include strengthening the hair, giving it more volume, and making it shinier.
Eggs contain a lot of protein which is essential for healthy growth. It also contains fatty acids that help with cell regeneration which is great for your scalp and hair follicles.
Eggs are also rich in amino acids, which can help strengthen the hair shaft and improve elasticity.
Eggs contain biotin, which is essential for hair growth and development. Biotin helps to promote healthy skin and nails as well as healthy hair growth. It is also known to help prevent baldness by stimulating blood circulation to the scalp.
Raw eggs are rich in sulfur, which is great for your skin and hair! Sulfur has been shown to have an antioxidant effect that may reduce inflammation on your scalp and reduce dandruff.
Why Olive Oil is so good to include in your hair mask
Olive oil is a natural wonder. It can be used in cooking, skin care, and hair care. But most people are not aware of the benefits it can have on their hair if consumed or applied topically.
Olive oil is a healthy fat that can help your hair grow. It also has a lot of antioxidants which can help slow down the aging process of your hair.
Olive oil has been shown to help with hair growth, manageability, and shine. It’s also an excellent moisturizer for your scalp and can help reduce dandruff and itching.
DIY Honey Hair Mask with Geranium Essential Oil
- 1-2 eggs
- 2 TBL raw, unprocessed Honey (best from farmers market)
- 2 TBL high quality olive oil
- 5 drops Geranium essential oil be sure you are not using fragrance oil as it is toxic to use topically
How to Make the Hair Mask
- Mix eggs with olive oil
- Add in honey and Geranium essential oil
How to Use Your Hair Mask
- Apply the mask from roots to ends of hair until completely covered
- Cover hair with plastic wrap or a shower cap and leave on for 30–60 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and shampoo until hair is no longer sticky.
- Use your normal hair conditioner if necessary.
Save this to your Pinterest board so you can quickly find it again
More Essential Oil Hair DIY Recipes You May Like:
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- 8 Best Essential Oils for Stress Relief & Relaxation
- Simple Homemade Lavender Rosemary Infused DIY Soap Recipe
- How to get started with Meditation
- Best Essential Oils for Meditation, Diffuser Blends & Recipes
- Balancing Chakras with Essential Oils
- 5 Essential Oil Roller Bottle Blend Recipes for Calming and Relaxation