Ingredients and Supplies for your natural Hair Detangler
Marshmallow Root – no, this isn’t the same as marshmallows. Marshmallow Root is an herb and is used in a variety of ways to help support digestion, cough and cold, and inflammation.
It can also help promote thicker hair! According to Medicine.net, ” The mucilage in marshmallow root has a strengthening effect on the hair, making the strands appear thicker by binding with hair proteins. It can also be used as a hair detangler and conditioner.”
Where to buy Marshmallow Root? I usually purchase this Marshmallow Root from Amazon, although you can probably find it at your local health food store or anywhere natural herbs are sold.
DIY Hair Detangler with Essential Oils
- 1 12 ounce (or larger spray bottle
- 1 ½ cups distilled water can use tap water if no distilled on hand
- 3 TBL Marshmallow root
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBL Natural Conditioner (I use this one) don't use one with perfumes, and synthetic ingredients. This harms hair
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 5 drops Geranium essential oil
- 5 drops Tea Tea essential oil
- Boil water and marshmallow root in small pan.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 20–30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and strain through cheesecloth or wire strainer.
- While warm, pour into bottle and add conditioner, apple cider vinegar, and essential oils.
- Shake until combined.
- To use, spray generous amount on wet hair and comb through.
More Essential Oil Hair Recipes You May Like
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- DIY Massage Oil with Essential Oil for Valentines Day
- Best Essential Oil Storage Ideas – How and Where to Store your Oils
- Benefits and 30 Ways to Use Frankincense Essential oil
- 10 Best Essential Oil Hair Care DIY Recipes for natural, healthy hair
- Essential Oil Hair Growth Serum Recipe
- 10 Warm and Spicy Cassia Essential Oil Diffuser Blends and DIY Recipes