Lip Scrub with Brown Sugar & Honey
Have dry, chapped lips? Pack in some serious moisturizing power with this all easy to make lip scrub with brown sugar and honey.
You'll want to lick it off it's so tasty! The exfoliating lip scrub will leave your lips feeling soft, smooth and rejuvenated.
Using an all natural lip scrub will help your lips keep from getting cracked, will help them retain moisture longer, and will help cosmetics adhere longer.
The lip scrub is so soft and gentle, and won't harm your lips with harsh chemicals which can be more drying than beneficial. Best of all, it is made with only natural ingredients!
You've probably heard about the super powers of coconut oil. Coconut oil has some seriously good benefits for our skin. Your lips will love how it keeps them moisturized and it can help heal cracks and chapped lips with it's anti-microbial properties.
Try to find a local honey from your farmer's market because the unprocessed honey still has all the beneficial elements in it and this makes it super good for your skin. Unprocessed honey is extremely moisturizing and soothing.
The honey and brown sugar in this lip scrub are ingredients you probably already have at home which makes this super easy to throw together.
You can even add a drop of peppermint and wild orange essential oils to make lip scrub even more beneficial for your lips. The peppermint is cooling and soothing to the dry parched skin on your lips. The wild orange tastes phenomenal and packs in some anti-oxidant power to help your lips heal and rejuvenate.
Directions to Make your Lip Scrub
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar (I try to use organic when possible)
- 3 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons local unprocessed honey
- Essential Oils (these 2 are just recommendations. Add your favorite)
This recipe makes a little less than ¼ cup. Either portion out the mixture into several air-tight containers, or adjust the recipe to fit the container you have.
One idea for storage containers is these small pots that come in varying sizes.*
- Mix brown sugar, coconut oil, and honey in small bowl.
- Add desired essential oils.
- Stir until ingredients are combined.
- Put contents into container(s) of your choice.
- Apply to lips as needed.
Finish with some cute colored craft twine to make super cute gifts for teachers, friends, neighbors, etc.*
Choose your essential oils carefully - most are not what they seem.
Why doTERRA and not something from Amazon or Walmart?
Did you know that most essential oils at drugstores are synthetic fragrance only? And did you know that most oils on Amazon, even doTERRA, are adulterated (tampered with and diluted with coconut oil), and can't be trusted?
I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I trust to use for my family. Find out Why I LOVE doTERRA here. It's not only just for their fabulous essential oils. It's for their sustainability and the way they work hand in hand with the farmers and communities who grow the plants.
Before you go, check out some of my Recent Blog Posts
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I have used and purchased all of these items myself and would never recommend something I haven't tried. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.