Exfoliating DIY Rose Sugar scrub bars are perfect for dry winter skin, and a lovely diy for any time of year, especially for Valentine’s Day.
This will look gorgeous in a pretty dish on your bathroom vanity and your skin will love the benefits.
What is a Sugar Scrub Bar?
A sugar scrub bar is a skincare product made with a combination of sugar granules and nourishing ingredients. It is used while in the shower or bath to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells, leaving the skin smoother and softer.
These sugar scrub bars are made without coconut oil! They use a blend of sugar, almond oil, shea butter soap base, and rose essential oil, these sugar scrub bars are extra pretty with the addition of dried rose petals.
These sugar scrub bars are made without coconut
You can add essential oils to make different scents and get the benefits of the essential oils (energizing, calming, etc.).
Pin for later
Supplies to Make Rose Sugar Scrub Bars
Before you get started, gather all your supplies so they are handy and ready.
You’ll need the following items:
- A microwave safe glass jar or measuring cup
- Wooden craft sticks – these make cleanup really easy. You can use anything you have available if you don’t have wooden craft sticks.
- A silicon mold – I used these flower shaped molds:
- Premium Material: Made of food grade silicone, flexible and reusable.
Almond oil has many benefits for the skin, including moisturizing, reducing inflammation, improving complexion, and preventing acne.
This is the one I used:
- 100 PERCENT PURE AND NON-GMO: A natural oil that’s perfect for nourishing and reviving any skin type.
- Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base
Shea Butter moisturizes and nourishes the skin, reduces inflammation, provides relief for dryness and itching, improves collagen production, helps with acne and blemishes, and protects against sun damage.
While it’s available in it’s raw form, in this DIY, we’re using it in the form of this melt and pour soap base.
This is the one I used for this recipe:
- SOAP MAKING SHEA BUTTER – Create beautiful, all-natural soap bars with our premium-quality shea butter soap base and everything else you need to get started. With step-by-step instructions and high-quality ingredients, our soap making supplies are perfect for both beginners and experienced soap makers.
Essential Oil adds the scent to these sugar scrub bars. I used Rose for this DIY.
Rose essential oil has many benefits including*:
- Moisturizing and hydrating the skin.
- Soothing skin irritation and reducing redness.
- Promoting relaxation and reducing stress.
- Boosting mood and promoting feelings of happiness.
- Supporting hormonal balance in women.
- Enhancing the appearance of the skin by reducing the signs of aging.
- Acting as a natural aphrodisiac.
- Supporting healthy digestion.
- Smells fabulous!!
*Note: This information is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice.
You can substitute something else in place of the Rose. Geranium is a good substitute.
Any essential oil will work!
How to Make Rose Sugar Scrub Bar
Here are steps to make these easy sugar scrub bars. It’s super simple!
First, add the soap base to a glass measuring cup or bowl with a spout. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir.
Next, add the sugar, sweet almond oil, then stir. If it’s starting to solidify, heat for 15 second intervals until it liquifies, and stir.
Then, add the essential oils and stir well.
Add in the dried flower petals.
Last, pour into the mold.
Allow to set for 30-60 minutes, then unmold and store in an airtight container.
To use: Wet 1 bar in your hands or a washcloth, and gently rub it into dry skin in the shower. Rinse.
DIY Rose Sugar Scrub Bars
- Microwave safe Glass spouted measuring cup
- wooden craft stick or something for stirring the mixture
- Add the soap base to a glass measuring cup or bowl with a spout. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir.
- Add the sugar, sweet almond oil, then stir. If it’s starting to solidify, heat for 15 second intervals until it liquifies, and stir.
- Add the essential oils and stir well.
- Add in the dried flower petals.
- Pour into the mold.
- Allow to set for 30-60 minutes.
- Unmold and store in an airtight container.
- To use: Wet 1 bar in your hands or a washcloth, and gently rub it into dry skin in the shower. Rinse.
Pin for later
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- DIY Oatmeal Body Butter Recipe
- Top Basil Essential Oil Benefits & Over 30 Uses
- Safe Essential Oils for Breastfeeding to support milk supply
- Easy DIY Natural Honey and Vanilla Beehive Soap Bars Recipe with Shea Butter
- Best Essential Oils for Scars + DIY Healing Scar Roller blend
- Easy DIY Chamomile Bath Salts Recipe