Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. Our arborvitae essential oil is sourced from the heartwood of the Thuja plicata tree. It is also known as Western Red Cedar and is native to North America (primarily Canada and the Northwestern United States). This unique source of Arborvitae essential oil contains a distinct chemical profile and is uniquely concentrated in methyl thujate. The sourcing arrangements for this oil are done in an innovative, environmentally responsible way through distillation of residual wood materials to ensure no trees are unnecessarily harvested for production. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing.
- May help promote clear, healthy looking skin when applied topically
- Powerful cleansing agent
- Warm, earthy aroma
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands for a quick DIY cleaner.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
- Diffuse to freshen the air.
- Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a wood polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
Woody, warm, earthy
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Methyl thujate, Methyl-Myrtenate, Terpinen-4-ol
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.