4th of July Cheery Berry Sugar Scrub
Cheer up your skin with this festive and naturally-colored Fourth of July Cheery Berry Sugar Scrub. After using this scrub, your skin is left smooth, glowy, and sweetly scented. The best part about this recipe is the patriotic colors are naturally derived! No artificial ingredients or food dye are found in this recipe! I chose to use all organic ingredients, but if you can't find organic freeze-dried fruit in your local store, then use what you can find.
Add some natural scent with your favorite essential oil. You can use any essential oil you prefer, I chose dōTERRA Cheer Uplifting blend. Other ideas are Wild Orange, Balance, or any of the oils in the Mini Intro Trio Kit (contains Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint) would by yummy !
- ¼ cup freeze-dried strawberries or raspberries
- ¼ cup freeze-dried blueberries
- 1 cup white sugar, preferably organic
- ¾ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 6 drops doTERRA Cheer®
- PET or Glass container with lid. (reuse a container, wide mouth mason jars work well, or see my Amazon picks)
My Amazon Picks:*
- Place freeze-dried strawberries and blueberries in separate large plastic bags, and crush with a rolling pin.
- In three separate bowls, add ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup sugar, and ½ cup sugar.
- In bowls with ¼ cup sugar, add crushed freeze-dried strawberries to one and crushed freeze-dried blueberries to the other.
- In each bowl, add ¼ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil, and 2 drops dōTERRA Cheer Uplifting Blend and stir until combined. If mixture looks too dry or wet, add more sugar or Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- In an airtight container, layer the sugar scrub in a red, white, and blue pattern.
- To use, take a handful of scrub into hands and rub together until sugar dissolves. Rinse under warm water and pat dry. For added softness, rub hands with doTERRA SPA Hand & Body Lotion. (my all time favorite lotion)