Lavender Essential Oil
Lesson 5 Module 2
Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad of therapeutic benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for mummification, bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume; its ability to calm and soothe the mind and body continue to be Lavender’s most notable qualities.
Lavender is frequently used to soothe skin irritations and help skin recover quickly. Applying it to the back of the neck and temples helps reduce muscle tension.
Inhaling Lavender promotes relaxation and a restful night’s sleep, making it an ideal oil to diffuse at bedtime and when stress levels are high.
Due to its versatility and soothing properties, Lavender is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil:
- Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations.
- Reduces appearance of skin imperfections.
- Helps to ease feelings of tension.*
- Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.*
- Take internally for a peaceful sleep.*
• Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
• Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
• Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck.
• Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
QUESTION – WHICH FEATURE OR PRACTICAL USE OF LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL LISTED ABOVE DO YOU LIKE THE MOST?