Sustainably sourced from the Big Island of Hawaii, Hawaiian Sandalwood is soothing to the skin and promotes a youthful-looking complexion. This rich, sweet-smelling essential oil has been used for thousands of years to instill calmness and well-being. It helps balance emotions and lessen feelings of tension.
‘Iliahi has a rich, sweet, woody aroma, making it a perfect oil to incorporate into massage or aromatherapy.
‘Iliahi essential oil is very soothing and beneficial to the skin, making it highly sought after in body and skin care products. Research also suggests ‘Iliahi helps with the appearance of skin imperfections. In addition to being beneficial to the skin, ‘Iliahi adds to the atmosphere of a room, creating a positive environment for meditation or personal interaction.
‘Iliahi is sourced in the Kealakekua Mountain Reserve, a doTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing partner and home to the largest reforestation effort in Hawaii’s history.
Uses for doTERRA Hawaiian Sandalwood
- Dilute with a carrier oil or cream to enhance a deep-tissue massage.
- Add to the diffuser of your choice when studying or intensely focusing.
- Take with water before an important test or presentation.
Hawaiian Sandalwood Usage Tips:
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply 1–2 drops of Hawaiian Sandalwood to your face and cover head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water. Your skin will feel nourished and rejuvenated.
- Apply 1–2 drops to wet hair to help restore moisture and give hair a silky shine.
- Inhale directly from palms or diffuse to lessen feelings of tension and balance emotions.
- Diffuse or apply to the neck and shoulders at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer or night cream for smooth, glowing skin.
- Add 1–2 drops to a hot bath to promote relaxation and lessen tension.
Directions for How to Use Hawaiian Sandalwood
Aromatic use: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Primary Benefits of Hawaiian Sandalwood
- Promotes healthy-looking, smooth skin
- Creates a positive atmosphere
- Provides a meditative, grounding aroma
Is Hawaiian Sandalwood Good For the Skin?
Another benefit of santalol is its beautifying effect on the skin. When applied topically, Hawaiian Sandalwood can minimize the appearance of blemishes, wrinkles, and skin imperfections. Because of its powerful benefits for the skin, Hawaiian Sandalwood is included in many of doTERRA’s skincare products. It also moisturizes the hair and adds a desirable silky feel.
What Is the Best Sandalwood Essential Oil?
There are over 20 varieties of sandalwood, but the two species most revered for their essential oil are Santalum album and Santalum panicultum (Hawaiian Sandalwood). doTERRA offers both these precious varieties, which offer similar benefits. These two Sandalwood oils have nearly identical chemical profiles; Santalum paniculatum’s aroma is slightly sweeter, while Santalum album has a woodier aroma.
Hawaiian Sandalwood grows on the Big Island of Hawaii. For hundreds of years, native Hawaiians used the leaves, bark, and wood shavings of this tree. doTERRA Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil is sustainably sourced from old growth mountain forests; only dead or dying trees are harvested, and the rest are left to grow in the Hawaiian sunshine.
Hawaiian Sandalwood Bottle Size
Rich, honey, sweet, woody
α-Santalol, ß-Santalol, cis-lanceol
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.