- About the Muladhara or Root Chakra
- Physical Symptoms Experienced when the Root Chakra is imbalanced.
- Why Aromatherapy works for balancing chakras?
- Best Essential Oils to help bring balance and support the root chakra
- How to Apply Essential Oils to the Root Chakra
- Root Chakra Essential Oil Blend
- Benefits of the Essential Oils in the Root Chakra Aromatherapy Blend
- How to use your Root Chakra Essential Oil Blend in a roller
- Other Chakra Balancing Blends
- Guided Healing Chakra Journal to Balance Your Energies
In this article, we will discuss essential oils that you can use to balance the root chakra and improve your overall health.
The chakra system is made up of 7 main chakras, or energy sources in our body. Each chakra represents a different part of our body’s energy centers and emotional well being. Accordingly, when these chakras are balanced, we reach a place of balance between spirit, body, earth and health, universality and grounding.
However, when any one of our chakras are out of balance, we can suffer many negative emotional issues and physical effects.
We can feel the effects in our physical body, as well as emotionally.
The root chakra is the foundation of your entire body and essential oils can help balance this energy center.
Learn Balance your Root Chakra with this Essential Oil blend featuring Geranium, Cinnamon, Wild Orange, Ylang Ylang, and Patchouli.
I use affiliate links in this article. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission which goes towards the cost of running this website.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
About the Muladhara or Root Chakra
The root chakra is the first of seven major chakras in the body. It is located at the base of your spine and its color is red. The Root Chakra is also known as Muladhara.
It governs our sense of safety, security, stability, and grounding in reality. When we have a strong connection with this chakra it allows us to feel grounded and safe in our environment. The root chakra also corresponds to our sense of survival, physical needs, and basic human instincts such as eating, drinking water, sex etc.
Physical Symptoms Experienced when the Root Chakra is imbalanced.
The Root Chakra is located at the base of our spine. This Chakra is the foundation of stability. When we have a balanced root chakra, we feel grounded, and have have feelings of safety and secure. Alternatively, when this we have an imbalanced or blocked root chakra, we can experience any of the following health related symptoms:
- Anxious feelings
- Lower Back issues
- Digestive Issues
There are many ways we can balance our chakras. Some of these include foods, meditation, affirmations, yoga, stones, and/or crystals. Essential Oils are another tool that can be utilized alone or in conjunction with these other methods. Accordingly, each chakra is supported by specific essential oils.
The blend featured here is specific to healing the Root Chakra. For best results, this blend can be used topically or aromatically.
Why Aromatherapy works for balancing chakras?
Aromatherapy is a form of alternative medicine that uses the aromatic compounds in essential oils to improve health and well-being. Aromatherapy is one of the most popular forms of alternative medicine because it’s easy to use and has no side effects. Through this therapy, we can heal our mind and body.
Aromatherapy is a holistic healing method that involves the use of plant oils and essences to balance the chakras.
The word “aromatherapy” comes from the Greek words ἄρωμα (árōma) meaning “spice” and θεραπεία (therapia) meaning “healing”. It has been used for centuries in different cultures around the world to promote physical and emotional well-being.
Essential oils have powerful chemical compounds. These chemicals work on the nervous system. They stimulate nerve endings and increase blood flow to the area where they are applied. These chemical compounds also act like neurotransmitters, meaning they send signals from one cell to another.
When we apply an essential oil directly onto our skin, it enters our bloodstream quickly. Once inside the bloodstream, the essential oil travels throughout the body. As it does so, it interacts with receptors in various parts of the body. This interaction creates a response within the cells.
Chakra is an energy vortex that connects the physical and spiritual body. They are located along the spine in a column of energy. These chakras are also referred to as “wheels” or “centers”.
Aromatherapy and the use of essential oils works for balancing chakras because it helps to balance these energy centers by stimulating them with essential oils, which in turn can have a positive effect on our emotional health and moods.
Best Essential Oils to help bring balance and support the root chakra
These are some favorite essential oils to help support your Root Chakra:
Best Essential Oils for the Root Chakra
- Patchouli: Patchouli oil is deeply grounding and helps connect you with the energy of the earth. It’s often used to promote a sense of stability and security.
- Cedarwood: Cedarwood essential oil has a woody, earthy scent that resonates with the root chakra. It can help you feel more rooted and secure.
- Vetiver: Vetiver oil is renowned for its grounding properties. It has a rich, earthy aroma that can help you feel more centered and stable.
- Frankincense: Frankincense essential oil is known for its spiritual and grounding qualities. It can help you feel more connected to your inner self and the world around you.
- Ginger: Ginger oil has a warming and invigorating scent that can help boost your confidence and energy, which is essential for a balanced root chakra.
- Myrrh: Myrrh essential oil has a deep, resinous aroma that promotes a sense of inner strength and stability.
How to Apply Essential Oils to the Root Chakra
Now that we’ve identified some of the best essential oils for the root chakra, let’s talk about how to apply them effectively. There are several methods you can use:
- Aromatherapy Diffuser: One of the easiest ways to benefit from essential oils is by using an aromatherapy diffuser. Add a few drops of your chosen root chakra essential oil to the diffuser and let the aroma fill your space. This can help create a grounded and secure environment.
- Topical Application: Topical use of essential oils is a highly effective way to get targeted application right where you need it. Applying essential oils topically to the area around your root chakra can be highly effective. To do this, dilute a few drops of your chosen oil with a carrier oil (such as coconut oil or jojoba oil) to avoid skin irritation. Then, gently massage the mixture onto the base of your spine. You can also apply it to the soles of your feet, which is another area associated with grounding energy.
- Chakra Balancing Meditation: Combine the power of essential oils with meditation to balance your root chakra. Find a quiet and comfortable space, apply the diluted oil to your chosen area, and then sit in a comfortable position. Close your eyes, take deep breaths, and visualize the color red (the color associated with the root chakra) while focusing on feelings of security and stability.
- Bathing: Another wonderful way to use root chakra essential oils is by adding a few drops to your bath. This not only allows you to inhale the aroma but also helps your body absorb the oils through your skin. As you soak, visualize the energy of the root chakra coming into balance.
Root Chakra Essential Oil Blend
How to diffuse the Root Chakra Essential Oil blend:
Diffusers are one of my favorite ways to use essential oils in the home. These put out a small amount of mist into the air and fill the air with tiny droplets of essential oils. Diffusers can and should be used in place of plug-ins, wax warmers, and synthetic/chemical sprays.
Simply add the drops of essential oil in the blend above to your diffuser, fill it with tap water up to the fill line, and turn it on.
Benefits of the Essential Oils in the Root Chakra Aromatherapy Blend
Here is a summary of the emotional and physical health benefits of essential oils in this root chakra aromatherapy blend:
Patchouli essential oil is a very grounding promotes spiritual growth through grounding the mind into the body thus increasing self-awareness.
Geranium essential oil promotes spiritual growth through grounding the mind into the body thus increasing self-awareness. Geranium essential oil brings peace and serenity to the mind and helps to relieve stress.
Cinnamon essential oil is also known to promote a sense of vitality and inspire creativity.
Wild orange essential oil is a great essential oil for balancing your root chakra. It’s been used for centuries as a mood booster, and is even said to help get rid of mental fatigue. Wild orange essential oil is also known to help with feelings of sadness, lack of motivation, removing bad thoughts, and uplifting the spirit!
Ylang Ylang essential oil is and excellent essential oil to balance the root chakra. This essential oil has been known to create feelings of peace, safety, and an increased sense of well-being. The essential oil can also be used for feelings of sadness, lack of motivation, removing bad thoughts, and uplifting the spirit!
How to use your Root Chakra Essential Oil Blend in a roller
A roller is a convenient way to bring the oils with you wherever you may be. For example, throw one in your purse for use at work, school, running errands, etc.
The roller can be applied to pulse points like the wrists, inner elbows, under ears. The base of the skull, at the back of the neck, right at the hairline is one of my favorite places to apply essential oils.
Safety precautions: Be sure to always do a small patch test with the essential oil blend to ensure there are no skin sensitives. If you are pregnant or nursing, or taking medication, always check with your doctor before using essential oils.
To make the roller, add the drops of oil in the root chakra blend (see above) to the empty roller, then top off the roller with your favorite carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil or jojoba oil.
Crystal Rollers to use with your Chakra Balancing Essential Oil Blends
To get the best benefit of this Chakra essential oil blend, I recommend picking up a pack of these gorgeous Chakra rollers with real crystals inside and Gemstones for the rollerball.
Each crystal is specifically matched to it’s corresponding Chakra.
Save this to your Pinterest board so you can find it again later
Other Chakra Balancing Blends
Looking for blends for your other chakras? Here you go:
- Solar Plexus Chakra
- Heart Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra
- Throat Chakra
- Crown Chakra
- Crystals for your Chakras
Looking for essential oil blends for one of the other chakras? Here are blends to balance each of the chakras including your Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, Throat Chakra, Crown Chakra, and Sacral Chakra.
Guided Healing Chakra Journal to Balance Your Energies
Meditating is good. Chakra balancing is better! The Healing Chakra Journal helps you dive deep into your spiritual self with one of the most ancient, esoteric belief systems in existence.
With 7 individual chakras and each requiring unique care, we can’t think of anything more important than ensuring that our lives are grounded at all times.
In this printable journal, you will be able to explore different methods to balance your chakras, determine which chakras are unbalanced, record personal meditations and affirmations for each chakra and more.
Healing Chakra Journal$8.99
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog