10 Ways to Use doTERRA Vanilla Essential Oil
Not sure how to use doTERRA Vanilla? Here’s a handy list of 10 ways you can use Vanilla.
doTERRA Vanilla Essential Oil is familiar and nostalgic. Evocative and romantic.
Prized since the time of the ancient Aztecs, and often used in perfumes, vanilla is one of the most popular aromas in the world, and one of the most expensive to produce.
A perennial climbing vine that grows up to 75 feet, the Vanilla planifolia plant is in the Orchid family, with yellow-white flowers that produce odorless pods or beans.
Plant blooms must be hand-pollinated, and it takes three to four years for the vanilla plant to begin producing beans that must be harvested by hand.
The beans then go through a time-consuming and labor-intensive process to allow them to fully develop their aroma and flavor.
Afterward, the beans are ground into small pieces and, to preserve the natural vanilla aroma, pressurized CO2 is used in a two-step extraction process that captures the aromatic constituents from the beans to create the absolute.
We combine this absolute with Fractionated Coconut Oil and the result is dōTERRA Madagascar Vanilla.
Primary Benefits of doTERRA Vanilla Essential Oil
- Provides a rich, warm, sweet, inviting aroma
- Creates a comforting and relaxing atmosphere
- Makes a delightful addition to beverages
Ways to Use doTERRA Vanilla Essential Oil
- Diffuse by adding to a favorite CPTG® essential oil or oil blend
- Add a drop to the beverage of your choice.
- Use as a personal fragrance.
- Add a few drops to a warm bath.
- Blend into a moisturizing body lotion.
Directions for how to use doTERRA Vanilla
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
- Diffusion: Add two to three drops to your favorite essential oil blend.
- Internal: Add one drop to a beverage.
Ingredients: Fractionated Coconut Oil and Vanilla Absolute
Aromatic Description: Rich, creamy, sweet
Main Chemical Component: Vanillin
CAUTIONS Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas