Primary Benefits of Douglas Fir
- Cleansing and purifying to the skin
- Creates positive and inspiring surroundings
- Refreshing, airy aroma
DoTERRA Douglas Fir is helping the environment
doTERRA Douglas Fir essential oil is sustainably sourced from young trees in New Zealand, where it is a highly invasive species threatening the country’s ecosystem.
By harvesting young Douglas Fir trees and using them for essential oil, doTERRA is helping combat the environmental impact of the trees overtaking the land while providing a premium conifer essential oil.
Douglas Fir has a unique chemical composition that’s particularly rich in β-pinene, contributing to its ability to encourage an optimistic and stimulating environment.
Douglas Fir can also be used to purify the skin and surfaces. Blending Douglas Fir with citrus oils will create an uplifting environment while freshening the air.
Douglas Fir is a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree is frequently used in the Christmas tree industry and has a lemon-scented note that’s sweet and refreshing.
Watch this video to learn how doTERRA Douglas Fir is sourced in an environmentally way
Douglas Fir Usage Tips:
- For a DIY surface cleaner, add several drops of Douglas Fir, Lemon, and Wild Orange to a spray bottle with water.
- Rub a few drops of Douglas Fir with Eucalyptus or doTERRA Breathe® on the chest and inhale from the hands to help open airways and easy breathing.
- Add a few drops to your facial cleanser for an invigorating aroma and boosted purifying benefits.
- Combine with Wintergreen—be sure to dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil—for a soothing and refreshing massage.
- Purify the air and support your mood by diffusing Douglas Fir. See the main text below for several suggestions of diffusion blends to try.
What Blends Well with Douglas Fir Essential Oil?
Refreshing and uplifting, the scent of Douglas Fir combines well with many other oils. It calms feelings of anxiousness and supports relaxation, but it can also be used to enhance focus and positivity.
- Combine Douglas Fir with citrus oils for a blend that is uplifting and invigorating.
- Combine it with spicy oils like Cinnamon or Clove to create a warm blend.
- Pair it with a mint oil like Spearmint for a clean, sweet, refreshing smell.
- Blend with soothing oils like Roman Chamomile and Lavender
Aromatic Description of Douglas Fir
Clean, fresh, woody, airy
β-pinene, α-pinene, δ-3-carene, sabinene