This mother's day, make your mom her own natural beauty products that she'll LOVE with these 3 DIY beauty recipes that contain all natural ingredients and essential oil.
Homemade is better!
You'll find DIY recipes for:
- Natural Bath Bombs
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub (or Lavender if you prefer)
- Natural Moisturizer with Lavender
Being a mom is a job for life and Mother’s Day is an ideal opportunity to say “Thank you” for everything that they do for you.
What better way to show your love than by giving a home-made DIY gift this mother's day made using natural ingredients and a few drops of lovely essential oils.
These DIY natural beauty ideas will help moms to feel pampered and encourage them to take a break, away from distractions, to enjoy a moment of pure relaxation.
Make one or all of the DIY recipes for your mom.
Or, lets be honest, you'll want some for yourself, too!
Fizzing Bath Bombs
Bath bombs are a fun way to enjoy the benefits of essential oils and make a bath (or shower!) extra special!
DIY Bath Bombs sound intimidating but they are not that hard. Even better, there are no bad chemicals in these all natural DIY Bath Bombs. Only natural, pure ingredients, so you know what you are soaking in.
- 1 cup (250ml) citric acid
- 1 cup (225ml) baking soda
- ½ cup (125ml) cornstarch/cornflour
- ½ cup (125ml) doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 8–10 drops of your favorite essential oil*
- Place citric acid, baking soda, corn-starch, and oil in a bowl.
- Add eight to 10 drops of the essential oil or blend of choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add coloring, dried herbs or flower petals to mixture. I like these colors because they are non staining.
- Place mixture in silicone molds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mould. (check out these super cute heart molds!)
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
Finding the right moisturizer can be tricky, so why not make your own? This DIY Natural Moisturizer contains Lavender Essential Oil, which is ahhhh-mazing for skin! Lavender soothes occasional skin irritations and reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
- ⅓ cup (79ml) aloe vera gel (do not use juice or aloe from a plant as the cream won't whip properly)
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- ½ tablespoon beeswax
- 10 drops Lavender oil
- In a medium saucepan, gently heat the almond and jojoba oils with the beeswax.
- Once melted, transfer your mixture to a deep mixing bowl. Leave to cool for an hour or until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Slowly add the aloe vera gel and Lavender oil as you blend the mixture with a hand blender.
- Continue adding aloe until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container and apply to skin generously.
Peppermint Body Scrub
With three ingredients only, this home-made DIY all natural body scrub will help the skin to look and feel healthy.
Exfoliating helps to eliminate dead skin cell build-up and peppermint will simultaneously help you feel more energized.
Your skin will feel soft and beautiful without the use of all those chemicals typically found in store bought versions.
- ¼ cup (59ml) of Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup (177ml) of Brown Sugar (organic if possible)
- 5 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil . (or your favorite essential oil)
- Mix the coconut oil with the brown sugar. You might need to soften the coconut oil in the microwave first.
- Add about 5 drops of peppermint essential oil to your mixture
- Stir together
- Store in a small jar
- Use your DIY natural skin body scrub whenever it’s needed!
I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I trust to use for my family. Find out Why I LOVE doTERRA here. It's not only just for their fabulous essential oils. It's for their sustainability and the way they work hand in hand with the farmers and communities who grow the plants.
Choose your essential oils carefully - most are not what they seem.
Why doTERRA and not something from Amazon or Walmart?
Did you know that most essential oils at drugstores are synthetic fragrance only? And did you know that most oils on Amazon, even doTERRA, are adulterated (tampered with and diluted with coconut oil), and can't be trusted?
Before you go, check out some of my Recent Blog Posts
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I have used and purchased all of these items myself and would never recommend something I haven't tried. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.