Being a mom is a job for life and Mother’s Day is an ideal opportunity to say “Thank you” for everything that they do for you. What better way to show your love than by giving a home-made gift made using a few drops of lovely essential oils.
These beauty ideas will help moms to feel pampered and encourage them to take a break, away from distractions, to enjoy a moment of pure relaxation.
Fizzing Bath Bombs
Bath bombs are a fun way to enjoy the benefits of essential oils and make a bath (or shower!) extra special!
- 1 cup (250ml) citric acid
- 1 cup (225ml) baking soda
- ½ cup (125ml) cornstarch/cornflour
- ½ cup (125ml) doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 8–10 drops of your favorite essential oil*
- Place citric acid, baking soda, corn-starch, and oil in a bowl.
- Add eight to 10 drops of the essential oil or blend of choice.
- Mix well with spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand. Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until consistency is correct.
- At this point, you may add coloring, dried herbs or flower petals to mixture. I like these colors because they are non staining.
- Place mixture in silicone molds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mold. (check out these super cute heart molds!)
- To use, drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
Finding the right moisturizer can be tricky, so why not make your own? This Natural Moisturizer contains Lavender Essential Oil, which is ahhhh-mazing for skin! Lavender soothes occasional skin irritations and reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
- ⅓ cup (79ml) aloe vera gel (do not use juice or aloe from a plant as the cream won’t whip properly)
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- ½ tablespoon beeswax
- 10 drops Lavender oil
- In a medium saucepan, gently heat the almond and jojoba oils with the beeswax.
- Once melted, transfer your mixture to a deep mixing bowl. Leave to cool for an hour or until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Slowly add the aloe vera gel and Lavender oil as you blend the mixture with a hand blender.
- Continue adding aloe until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container and apply to skin generously.
Peppermint Body Scrub
With three ingredients only, this home-made body scrub will help the skin to look and feel healthy. Exfoliating helps to eliminate dead skin cell build-up and peppermint will simultaneously help you feel more energized. You could also use Lavender, Wild Orange or any other favorite essential oil.
- ¼ cup (59ml) of Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup (177ml) of Brown Sugar
- 5 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil . (or your favorite essential oil)
- Mix the coconut oil with the brown sugar. You might need to soften the coconut oil in the microwave first.
- Add about 5 drops of peppermint essential oil to your mixture
- Stir together
- Store in a small jar
- Use your natural skin body scrub whenever it’s needed!
Gift for the Essential Oil Lover
Give Mom this cute Printable Journal for organizing favorite essential oil blends and recipes. Or upgrade to the Planner & Journal combo!
You’ll be able to download and print this instantly. Put it in a cute 3 ring binder and she’ll love it all year long!