Make Your Own Dishwasher Tablets
Make your own natural dishwasher tablets by following this simple step-by-step recipe.
Store bought tabs can contain many toxic chemicals and fragrances which leave residue on the plates. Since we eat off those plates, we have the potential to ingest that residue.
I feel so much better knowing my kids are eating off plates without harmful residue on them.
This DIY contains the cleansing power of doTERRA On Guard® and Grapefruit oils, leaving your dishes clean and smelling fresh. You could substitute the grapefruit for Lemon if you prefer.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ¼ cup citric acid
- 1 tablespoon doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
- 5 drops Grapefruit oil (or substitute Lemon if you prefer)
- Silicon Molds
My Amazon Picks for this DIY:
- Put baking soda, citric acid, doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate, and Grapefruit oil in a mixing bowl. Mix together until the mixture is an even consistency.
- Place in silicon molds and let sit for four hours. Remove tabs.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use in dishwasher in place of store-bought dishwasher tablets.
Rinsing Tip: Adding one cup white vinegar to the rinsing agent compartment in your dishwasher will help ensure that your glassware comes out of the dishwasher sparkling! This is a fantastic natural option to synthetic store bought versions.
Please make sure you are using an essential oil that is safe to consume. Since this recipe is used on dishes that we eat off of, you want to ensure what you are using is safe. Most so called essential oils available in drugstores and supercenters are synthetic fragrance only. The brand I choose to use is doTERRA which is the highest quality essential oils available on the market, and the only brand I will use on my family.
Would you like to save 25% off doTERRA Essential Oils? Click here to learn how to save on doTERRA or fill out the quick form below and I'll email you the details.
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I have used and purchased all of these items myself and would never recommend something I haven't tried. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.