DIY Hot Oil Hair Treatment
Give yourself some TLC and self love tonight. Whip up this hot oil treatment for your hair and let it sit while you binge watch your favorite show, or read a new book. This is for you if your hair or scalp is dry, brittle, frizzy, you have split ends, is lacking shine or looking lackluster. After a hot oil treatment, your hair will be protected, nourished, ultra moisturized, smooth, fewer split ends, and beautiful.
There is no reason to go drop a ton of money at the salon when you can do a hot oil treatment yourself for a fraction of the cost. This at home treatment uses only all natural ingredients to protect and nourish your hair and scalp.
My Amazon Picks for this DIY:
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1–2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to low heat and keep water on a simmer.
- Place all ingredients, but essential oils in a heat-proof bowl and place in the pot of simmering water. Let the oil heat up and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove oil from heat. You want the oil nice and warm, but not boiling hot.
- Add your essential oils.
- Make sure to cover your shoulders with a towel before the next step. In case of oil staining. Or throw on an old t-shirt that you don't care about.
- Dip your fingertips into the oil and gently massage the oil from scalp to the ends. When all the oil is used, cover your hair with a shower cap. For best results, add a hot damp towel over the shower cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair. You may need to shampoo your hair twice; using a conditioner is optional.
It's important that you use pure, natural essential oils. Please be aware that most so called "pure" essential oils found in the grocery store or super centers, are synthetic fragrance only, and will not offer the same therapeutic benefit as a true essential oil. In fact, they can actually do more harm than good as synthetics are not good for our bodies.
I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I trust to use with my family.
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. Whenever possible, I have used and purchased all of these items myself, and would never recommend something I wouldn't use myself. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.