Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe
Save to Pinterest so you can find this recipe again quickly .
Shamrock shake, anyone? Here's a healthy shamrock shake recipe for you to enjoy this St. Patrick's Day instead the sugary, dyed version from the drive thru.
This version takes the same amount of time to make as it would take you to sit in the drive thru. And you're saving on gas money!
This lightened up version with Peppermint essential oil will help you keep on top o' the mornin'.
Have you ever looked up the ingredients for McDonald's shamrock shake? Do a quick Google search. I promise you'll never want to eat another one again after you see what's in it.
Here is a homemade version of the Shamrock Shake that tastes great and is so much healthier.
Your body will thank you for drinking this homemade shamrock shake!
Drink Yo Greens
This healthy shamrock shake recipe packs some extra nutrients and vitamins with doTERRA's Terragreens dried fruit & veggie mix. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THIS TO MAKE THE SHAKE! ok , sorry, didn't mean to yell, just want to catch your attention.
You can easily substitute another dried mix if you have one on hand that you want to use.
Or leave it out if you don't have anything. It's not a critical component to the recipe but does add some extra nutrients.
Benefits of Terragreens include:
Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe:
- 1 scoop TerraGreens dried fruit & veggie mix - leave it out if you don't have it. You'll still have a healthy, delicious Shamrock Shake.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup milk of choice such as almond, coconut, or cow's milk
- 1/2 cup frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup ice
- 2-3 drops Peppermint essential oil for a minty flavor - I only consume doTERRA brand essential oil - see my note below about safety
How to make the shamrock shake:
Combine ingredients and blend well. Add more liquid if necessary.
Optional Ingredients: handful of fresh spinach leaves, kale, frozen berries, or green apple.
Choose your essential oils carefully
- most are not what they seem -
Because you will be consuming the Peppermint Essential Oil, you'll want to make sure you are using a true essential oil that is safe for internal use.
Most "oils" found in supermarkets and drugstores are labeled "pure essential oil", but if you look carefully at the bottle, they are for fragrance only and can be quite toxic if consumed.
Why doTERRA and not something from Amazon or Walmart?
Did you know that most essential oils at drugstores are synthetic fragrance only? And did you know that most oils on Amazon, even doTERRA, are adulterated (tampered with and diluted with coconut oil), and can't be trusted?
I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I trust to use for my family. Find out Why I LOVE doTERRA here. It's not only just for their fabulous essential oils. It's for their sustainability and the way they work hand in hand with the farmers and communities who grow the plants.
Before you go, check out some of my Recent Blog Posts
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I have used and purchased all of these items myself and would never recommend something I haven't tried. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.