Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe
Here’s a healthy shamrock shake recipe for you to enjoy this St.Patrick’s Day instead the sugary, dyed version from the drive thru.
This version takes the same amount of time to make as it would take you to sit in the drive thru. And you’re saving on gas money!
This lightened up version with Peppermint essential oil will help you keep on top o’ the mornin’.
Pin for later
Have you ever looked up the ingredients for McDonald’s shamrock shake? Do a quick Google search. I promise you’ll never want to eat another one again after you see what’s in it.
Here is a homemade version of the Shamrock Shake that tastes great and is so much healthier.
I use affiliate links in this article. If you click a link and decide to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission, which goes towards the cost of running this website.
Your body will thank you for drinking this homemade shamrock shake!
Ingredients for your Healthy Shamrock Shake
Drink Your Greens
This healthy shamrock shake recipe packs some extra nutrients and vitamins with doTERRA’s Greens powder ( dried fruit & veggie mix).
You can easily substitute your favorite dried greens or another dried mix if you have one on hand that you want to use.
Or leave it out if you don’t have anything. It’s not a critical component to the recipe but does add some extra nutrients.
Benefits of doTERRA Greens include:
- Greens provides the body with the equivalent of 1 – 2 servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Greens is high in Vitamin C and supports immune health.
- Good source of dietary fiber
- Only 35 calories per serving and a healthy dose of fiber
- doTerra Greens provides an easy and convenient way to get your fruits and vegetables.
- Natura, Non-GMO, Gluten Free and Vegan Friendly
- Neutral mixed berry flavor ideal for smoothies and DIY concoctions
Peppermint Essential Oil
This recipe calls for Peppermint Essential Oil to give it that minty flavor that you know from the drive thru version. You can certainly leave it out if you don’t have it or don’t like it.
Please be sure to use an essential oil that is safe to consume. Many are not. The bottle will have a supplements facts label on it if it is safe to eat.
It’s also not recommended to consume any essential oil you’ve bought from Amazon or other unknown sources. Even if it has a tamper proof cap on it. Here’s Why.
Never Buy on Amazon – it’s likely been adulterated.
Did you know that most oils on Amazon, even doTERRA, are adulterated (tampered with and diluted with coconut oil), and can’t be trusted?
Be sure you are buying your oils from a reputable source – like this one which is a doTERRA Certified Site.
Recommended Supplies for Your Healthy Shamrock Shake
You’ll want a decent blender to make this shake and any smoothie that calls for blending up ice.
My mother in law gave me this smoothie blender a few years ago and I absolutely love it. It works better than anything else I have ever used. Can’t recommend it enough. If you can snag it below $90 that’s a great price! Check the Price
How to make Your Healthy Shamrock Shake
Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe
- 1 ripe Avocado
- ½ cup milk of choice Almond, Coconut, Cow's Milk, etc.
- ½ cup frozen banana
- ¼ cup ice
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil Make sure to use one that is labeled safe for consumption. I use doTERRA brand.
- 1 scoop doTERRA Greens Or use your favorite dried greens. Leave it out if you don't have it.
- Combine all ingredients in your blender and blend well. Add more liquid if necessary.
This Healthy Shamrock Shake can be enjoyed year round as part of a healthy diet. If you are trying to lose weight or simply want a healthy snack, you can make this a part of your daily meal plan and not feel guilty.
Here’s to guilty pleasures!
If you love this recipe, please leave a 5 star rating to help others know it’s a great recipe!
More Cooking Recipes with Essential Oils
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- How to Make DIY Magnesium Oil Spray Homemade Recipe
- DIY Oatmeal Body Butter Recipe
- Top Basil Essential Oil Benefits & Over 30 Uses
- Safe Essential Oils for Breastfeeding to support milk supply
- Easy DIY Natural Honey and Vanilla Beehive Soap Bars Recipe with Shea Butter
- Best Essential Oils for Scars + DIY Healing Scar Roller blend