Want to have a spooky looking Halloween Pumpkin without the expensive smoke machine that isn’t very healthy?
Here’s a fun and easy way to make your pumpkin look like it has smoke coming out of it.
Simply set a diffuser inside the pumpkin. I recommend using one that has a colored light setting for maximum spooky effect. Most diffusers do have a light and some have different colored light options and will even automatically rotate through those colors.
You can put your diffuser on a small towel or the lid to a reusable container or something similar so that it doesn’t get pumpkin on the bottom of it.
Just poke a hole in the back of the pumpkin for the power cord of the diffuser and you’re all set!
Spooky Halloween Diffuser Jacko-lantern directions
To make your diffuser Jack-o-lantern:
- Carve your pumpkin as usual
- In the back of the pumpkin, carve a small hole for the power cord of your diffuser
- In the bottom of your pumpkin, place a small towel or plate or whatever you have that will work. This is to set your diffuser on so it doesn’t get pumpkiny on the bottom of it.
- Run the power cord of your diffuser through the hole in the back of the pumpkin and plug it in to a power strip.
- Add water and your oils to your diffuser (see below for Halloween diffuser blend ideas).
- Turn it on and set it to whichever color you want or set it to rotate through all the colors (my favorite setting!)
- At this point, pull up the power cord from inside the pumpkin and plug it into your diffuser.
- Gently set the diffuser into your pumpkin, and wait for the mist to build up and give you that smokey effect!
- Your trick or treaters will love the effect and the yummy scent of the oils!
Here’s a few different ideas with different colored lights.
Halloween Diffuser Blends to use in your Diffuser Jacko-lantern Pumpkin
Here’s some fun spooky diffuser blend ideas for you to use in your diffuser pumpkin
Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus Diffuser Blend
You may also like these Essential Oil Diffuser Blends:
Share your pictures of your own Halloween Diffuser Jack-o-Lanterns in the comments!! I love to see your creations!!
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- Balancing Chakras with Essential Oils
- 5 Essential Oil Roller Bottle Blend Recipes for Calming and Relaxation
- Festive Essential Oil Diffuser Blends for Christmas Season
- How to DIY Make Scented Lotion with Essential Oils
- Benefits of Siberian Fir Essential Oil, Uses, & Diffuser Blends
- Say Goodbye to Cellulite with these Best Essential Oils