If you are a fan of Ginger essential oil, you'll love this list of 30 ways to use it! Ginger essential oil has powerful benefits and it's uses are many.
Ginger essential oil has warming and soothing properties that make it useful in everyday life. doTERRA's Ginger Essential oil is sourced from from the underground stem of the ginger plant.
Widely known for adding spice and flavor to many popular dishes, the ginger root has a variety of benefits and uses that reach far beyond the culinary realm.
Taken internally, doTERRA Ginger essential oil can be used to ease occasional nausea and aid in digestion.*
With a spicy, fresh aroma, it works well in a variety of diffuser blends. You can also substitute Ginger essential oil into your favorite recipes in place of the spice. Word of warning though, use it very sparingly because it will overwhelm your recipe if you use too much.
Here are 30 , actually 34, ways you can use Ginger essential oil in your everyday life.
- Diffuse to enhance spiritual awareness and state of calm.
- Gargle with warm water to sooth a dry, scratchy, irritated, raw throat.
- Apply over lower abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Use a drop in your favorite sweet OR savory dish.
- During a long car ride along windy roads, diffuse or place a drop in the palm of your hand and inhale to help prevent and alleviate nausea.
- For low libido, apply one to two drops to the feet or lower abdomen.
- Rub a drop on your stomach to reduce bloating from gas and indigestion.
- Diffuse for added energy in late afternoons.
- Place 2 drops with 8 oz of hot water to help relieve digestive upset.
- Apply to chest to break up congestion.
- Apply topically to abdomen to reduce menstrual discomfort.
- To improve blood circulation and heart health, rub one to two drops of ginger essential oil over the heart twice daily.
- For muscle and joint pain, rub two to three drops of the oil on the needed area twice daily.
- To boost mood and feelings of courage, add two to three drops to a diffuser or inhale twice daily.
- For nausea, diffuse two to three drops of ginger oil or apply one to two drops over the stomach.
- To aid digestion and get rid of toxins, add two to three drops of ginger oil to warm bath water.
- To relieve respiratory conditions, add one drop of ginger essential oil to green tea twice daily.
- Apply to pulse points throughout the day to help you feel empowered and capable.
- Add a drop to your sushi.
- Take a drop internally to help boost the immune system.
- Take internally to promote healthy digestion.
- Inhale from palms for memory support.
- Dilute and apply topically to help with muscle discomfort.
- Diffuse to improve mood from apathetic to activated.
- Add a drop or two to a glass with warm water to improve loss of appetite.
- Take internally as needed to reduce alcohol cravings.
- To soothe the throat, dilute and apply gently over the area.
- Apply topically to wrists to reduce feelings of nausea.
- Diffuse 3-6 drops to promote clear breathing.
- Apply 1-2 drops to bottoms of feet to boost the immune system.
- Take internally to calm heartburn & re-flux.
- Diffuse to feel optimistic and empowered.
- Diffuse to create a sense of equilibrium.
- Diffuse to help improve a negative mood and low libido.
Diffusing Ginger Essential Oil
Diffusing essential oils is a wonderfully effective way to receive the benefits of an essential oil. Not to mention how amazing your home, office, or car will smell.
Below are 6 yummy diffuser blends that feature Ginger Essential Oil which will help create a balanced, grounded feeling, and atmosphere.
Need to pick up a diffuser?
doTERRA has several high quality diffusers at different price points. You can also find a wide variety on Amazon with free Prime Shipping under $25.
Best rated diffusers under $25
I've done the research for you! Here are the highest rated diffusers on Amazon under $25 with free prime shipping! *
Bonus: Ginger Essential Oil Diffuser Blends
Want to be notified when I post another article in this series?
Fill out the form below and you'll be the first to know!
Stay in the Know!
Sign up for exclusive articles, promotions, and updates
Choose your essential oils carefully - most are not what they seem.
Why doTERRA and not something from Amazon or Walmart?
Did you know that most essential oils at drugstores are synthetic fragrance only? And did you know that most oils on Amazon, even doTERRA, are adulterated (tampered with and diluted with coconut oil), and can't be trusted?
I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I trust to use for my family. Find out Why I LOVE doTERRA here. It's not only just for their fabulous essential oils. It's for their sustainability and the way they work hand in hand with the farmers and communities who grow the plants.
Before you go, check out some of my Recent Blog Posts
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I have used and purchased all of these items myself and would never recommend something I haven't tried. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.