Moisturizing Foot Balm Recipe with Tea Tree Essential Oil
This DIY foot balm is my favorite way to treat dry cracked heals, and makes an excellent overnight moisturizer for your feet. I notice a massive improvement in just one use. Used regularly, skin is soft and feels amazing.
The Melaleuca a.k.a. Tea Tree Essential oil adds extra benefits for your skin and toenails. It can help with unsightly toenails and is wonderful for your skin - it can help anyone who suffers from scaling, inflammation, itching and burning.
- 4 ounce jar - Re-purpose a shallow jelly jar or see my amazon picks
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ ounce beeswax pastilles (or grated if solid)
- 25 drops Melaleuca Tea Tree essential oil (or your favorite essential oil)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over very low heat, or double boiler. Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir to combine, then add essential oils.
- Pour mixture into a clean jar.
- Massage a small amount into your feet at bedtime to moisturize. Throw on some socks and your feet will be magically improved in the morning.
In addition to moisturizing your feet every night, it's important to scrub the heels and rough spots in the shower with a pumice stone. I use a teaspoon or so of my DIY Body Wash on a pumice stone every time I shower to keep the rough spots smoothed down.
My Amazon Picks for this DIY:
More about Melaleuca - Tea Tree Essential Oil
More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. It is considered one of the "Top 10" essential oils.
The leaves of the Melaleuca tree have been used by the Aboriginal peoples of Australia for centuries. They would apply crushed leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect.
Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to support a healthy complexion.
Taken internally, Melaleuca promotes healthy immune function.*
Melaleuca is frequently used on occasional skin irritations to soothe the skin and diffusing Melaleuca will help purify and freshen the air.
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
- Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.*
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
Do you need to pick up essential oils for this recipe? I choose to use doTERRA essential oils. They are the purest, highest quality and only brand I use.
* Keep in mind that I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I have used and purchased all of these items myself and would never recommend something I haven't tried. I try my best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.