Use one of these face mask essential oil spray recipes to
- calm down anxious feelings about wearing a face mask
- open up your airways to make it easier to breathe while wearing a face mask
- help cover up that bad breathe.
Supplies for your Face Mask Spray
1 oz Spray Bottles
The first thing you’ll need to do is pick up a few sprayers for your face mask spray. The recipes in this article call for a 1 oz spray bottle. I like to grab a pack of sprayers from our good friend Amazon so that I have several for around the house and in my purse.
Or you can pick up a pack of these basic glass spray bottles that come complete with labels, funnels, pipets and a wire brush for cleaning.
Mini Funnels like these make getting your witch hazel, water, or carrier oil into your container much easier.
These funnels are a must have for anyone doing any kind of DIY projects with essential oils and you’ll be able to use them over and over.
You’ll need some Witch Hazel to use as the liquid in your spray bottle. This is how the essential oils will be sprayed out onto your face mask. Choose an unscented, natural Witch Hazel like THIS ONE that is alcohol-free.
This Witch Hazel is perfect for anyone with sensitive skin.
Next, Add Essential Oils to Your Face Mask
DIY Face Mask Essential Oil Spray Recipes
Here are some fun DIY Face Mask sprays you can whip up in a spray bottle and throw it in your purse so you have it handy.
Facemask Refresher Spray recipe option
Add 10 drops of each oil and top it off with witch hazel (you could use water in a pinch)
This is a good option if you don’t have time to wash your mask before wearing it again.
These Recipes call for a 1 oz spray bottle.. If you prefer using a 2 oz spray bottle, just double the number of drops.
Mascne (Acne / Oily Skin)
15 drops Tea Tree
Directions to make Your face mask essential oil spray
Face Mask Spray Recipe with Essential Oils
- 15 drops doTERRA Essential Oil such as Breathe Respiratory Blend Choose an essential oil from one of the recipes shared in the blog article. Use Breathe to open up airways or OnGuard for immune boosting and sanitizing.
- 1 oz Witch Hazel Can replace with water if desired
- 1 oz Spray Bottle
- Add your essential oils to your spray bottle, according to the spray recipe you chose
- Top off the spray bottle with witch hazel
- Add your sprayer cap to your bottle and gently shake to mix everything together.
- Spritz the inside and/or outside of your face mask before wearing, and again after wearing to freshen and sanitize.
How to Use Your Face Mask Essential Oil Spray
Once you have your face mask spray ready to go, it’s very simple to use it.
Give the inside of your spray one or two spritzes, and that’s it! If you have sensitive skin, you may want to spray the outside of your mask instead of the inside so that the essential oils don’t make contact with your skin.
Final thoughts on using a Mask Spray
While using a mask isn’t our first choice, we can make it easier to bear by using a pleasing essential oil spray.
Choose a spray for your needs, or even make one of each and keep them in a cosmetics bag in your purse. You can pull one out and use it as needed.
Just be sure to wash your hands or spray with OnGuard Hand Sanitizer so that you aren’t getting germs on your mask.
Which is your favorite spray? Comment below or share your own recipe with us!
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog
- DIY Charcoal Face Mask with Essential Oils
- Essential Oil Blend for Men’s Hormones
- Earthing: How to Ground Yourself
- DIY Gifts Using Essential Oils
- 20 Healthy Habits for Fall
- 10 Fall and Autumn Essential Oil Room Spray Recipes
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.