Who doesn’t love soft, moisturized, and healthy skin? The butters and oils used in this recipe are the perfect combination that will leave your skin moisturized for days after applying.
Customize your whipped body butter with any essential oil of your choice. My favorite essential oil combination to use is Frankincense and a citrus such as Wild Orange.
I use affiliate links in this article. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. Any money earned goes towards the cost of running this website. Your purchase price is not affected.
How to Make DIY Body Butter
Ingredients for homemade body butter
- ½ cup shea butter
- ½ cup cocoa butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 30 drops essential oil – Some options to select from:
Recipe for homemade body butter
- Measure all butters and oils in glass jar.
- Fill a large skillet/saucepan with one to one and a half inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt and combine ingredients.
- Stir every few minutes until the ingredients are melted and combined. (10–15 minutes) Tip: Use a popsicle stick to stir for easy cleanup.
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let sit for 5–10 minutes. Add desired essential oils.
- Once essential oils are added, let it rest in a cool place (such as the refrigerator) until it has set.
- Once chilled, take out of refrigerator. With a stand or hand mixer, start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3–5 minutes).
Note: Store mixture in a glass jar and keep in a cool place. If needed, re-fluff the body butter by whipping it back up to the desired consistency with a hand mixture.
*Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity, so I don’t recommend using them if you plan on being in direct sunlight after topical application.
Popular in the Shop: