How to make Scented Holiday Pinecones and Christmas Cards
The scents of pine, gingerbread, cinnamon, and citrusy orange are almost inseparable from the holiday season. Catch one hint of these aromas any time of year, and you may be instantly taken back to childhood sledding races, homemade gingerbread houses, or sweet memories with family and friends.
Capture the nostalgia with these homemade scented pinecones and cards.
The scented pinecones are an inexpensive and easy way to bring the smell of Christmas into your home and have some really cute seasonal home decor.
Grab your kids and go for a hike where you know there will be pine trees. Let them collect the pinecones.
This will become a fun yearly tradition that everyone will remember and cherish.
- How to make Scented Holiday Pinecones and Christmas Cards
Pin for later
How to Make Essential Oil Scented Pinecones
Items Needed to make essential oil scented pinecones
- Dry pinecones
- Your favorite essential oil. Some of my favorite Christmas scents for this recipe include:
Scented Pine Cone Instructions
DIY Scented Pinecones recipe with essential oil
- dry pinecones
- Your favorite essential oils
- If pinecones have been collected from outside, you'll want to dry them out. To do this, cook in the oven at 200 degrees F for at least 30 minutes, or until the pinecones have opened.
- Put one or two drops of essential oil on each pinecone. You can combine scents to make a custom blend. Some of my favorite oils include: Cinnamon, Cassia, Clove, Wild Orange, Siberian Fir, Douglas Fir.
- Place pinecones in a decorative bowl or on your Christmas tree.
Instructions for How to Make Essential Oil Scented Cards
Items Needed to make Essential Oil Scented Christmas Card
Plastic or paper bag
Your favorite essential oil
Instructions for making Scented Christmas Card
- Put 2-4 drops essential oil on cotton ball. Here’s some of my faves that I like to use for this:
- Place cotton ball inside bag with cards.
- Seal bag and let sit overnight.
Tip: You can also make scented wrapping paper using the same directions for the scented cards.
Related Articles: More Ways to Use Essential Oils to make Christmas gifts, Christmas diffuser blends, and essential oil sprays
- DIY Gifts Using Essential Oils
- 15 Essential Oil Christmas Room Spray Recipes
- Peppermint Mocha Sugar Scrub Recipe
Before You Go, See What’s New On The Blog