What Are Essential Oils
Lesson 1 Module 1
If you have ever enjoyed the scent of a rose, you’ve experienced the aromatic qualities of Essential Oils.
These naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant.
They give plants their distinctive smells and Essential Oils protect plants and play a role in plant pollination.
In addition to their intrinsic benefits to plants and being beautifully fragrant to people, Essential Oils have long been used for food preparation, beauty treatment, and health care practices.
Essential Oils are:
• Naturally occurring volatile aromatic compounds
• Found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants
• Protect plants against environmental threats and provide beneficial properties
• Highly concentrated when distilled for purity, potency, and efficacy
• Used historically for food preparation, beauty treatment, and health-care practices
Question: What is your favorite fragrance in the whole world?