Lesson 2 – Copaiba and Your Skin: Everyday skin care recipes
One of the amazing benefits that COPAIBA provides is general skin support. For instance:
- Support for healthy skin – COPAIBA can reduce appearances of blemishes, scars, or occasional acne. Gently rub one drop directly on area of concern. Dilute with carrier oil if needed.
- When you have rough, itchy, dry, or bleeding areas of concern on your skin, combine one drop of COPAIBA and one drop of Frankincense with coconut oil, unscented lotion, or a topical cream of choice. Apply liberally. Great during the dry winter months!
- For areas of dry or chapped skin, apply one drop directly on area. Massage in gently.
- Use topically to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to rejuvenate the skin. Combine with your daily moisturizer.
- Apply topically to areas where skin occasionally stretches.
- Provide relief and soothe sensitive, irritated skin and razor bumps.
Knowing that you can use COPAIBA Essential Oil for supporting healthy skin opens the door for some amazing DIY skin care options.
Here are a few favorites!
YOUR EVERYDAY FACIAL SERUM RECIPE
• 2 tbsp. Jojoba Oil
• 1 tsp. Rosehip Oil
• 5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
• 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
• 3 drops COPAIBA Essential Oil
• 2 drops Geranium Essential Oil
Combine all ingredients in a 2 oz. glass dropper bottle, replace lid, and shake to combine. Apply in the morning or nightly.
YOUR EVERYDAY FACIAL MOISTURIZER RECIPE
• 1 c. Aloe Vera Gel
• 1/4 c. Sweet Almond Oil
• 1/4 c. Coconut Oil
• 1 1/2 tbsp. Beeswax Pellets
• 4 drops COPAIBA Essential Oil
• 2 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
• 1 drop Blue Tansy Essential Oil
Combine Coconut Oil and Beeswax Pellets in a double boiler, stir to combine and remove from heat after completely melted. Pour these into our blender and allow to cool completely. In a separate measuring glass, combine Essential Oils and Aloe Vera. Turn blender on, slowly add aloe mixture while blender whips, scraping the blender often. Whip until mixture changes texture from a thicker oil to a fluffy lotion. Store in a small container or in the fridge.
YOUR EVERYDAY LOTION RECIPE
• 1/4 c. Shea (or you could use Cocoa) Butter
• 1/4 c. Coconut Oil
• 15 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
• 9 drops Lavender Essential Oil
• 5 drops COPAIBA Essential Oil
• 3 drops Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
Add the Coconut Oil and the Shea Butter to a small pan and simmer until melted. Let rest on the counter for 10 minutes. Add the Essential Oils to the pan and then put it in the fridge for an hour. You want it to be firm but not too hard. Then whip it on high with an electric mixer until the mixture softens and forms peaks.