Lesson 5 Module 1
Often called the “king of oils,” Frankincense promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness when used aromatically, while topical and internal uses provide modern health benefits. Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits.
In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin.
This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and help reduce the appearance of imperfections when applied topically.
As the king of oils, Frankincense is known to support healthy cellular function when used internally. Combine with essential oils like Bergamot or Lavender and inhale or diffuse to create an experience of peace, relaxation, and satisfaction. It can help enhance the effectiveness of any other oil when combined with that oil. For maximum effectiveness, layer Frankincense 30 seconds before or after applying any other oil topically.
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening for a warming and soothing effect.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Massage on the bottoms of feet for a relaxing, balancing experience.
- Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.
- Ingest to support healthy cellular function
- May provide a soothing aromatic experience
- Helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections when applied topically
- Supports healthy immune and nervous system function when taken internally