07) Peppermint In The Kitchen
Have you ever indulged in a mint chocolate candy? Imagine being able to make your own! PEPPERMINT is great for the kitchen.
Remember that PEPPERMINT has an intense aroma and flavor. So start with just a few drops and adjust as needed.
A few suggestions that you can add Peppermint essential oil to:
- Brownies (add 4–8 drops to batter)
- Hot Cocoa (add 1 drop per mug)
- Smoothies (add 3–5 drops)
- White Chocolate Fudge (add 6–8 drops)
- Hard Candy (add 10–15 drops)
- Homemade Peppermint Patties (add 10–15 drops)
- Chocolate Mint Ice Cream (add 6–8 drops)
- Peppermint Cookies (add 3–5 drops)
- Peppermint Coffee Creamer (3–5 drops in a homemade creamer recipe)
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn (see recipe below)
Almond Bark and Peppermint Popcorn Recipe
• 18–20 c. popped Popcorn (about 2 bags or 1/2 c. of kernels)
• 1 6-ounce box of crushed Candy Canes
• 1 package Almond Bark
• 5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Place popped popcorn in a very large bowl and pour crushed candy canes over popcorn. Melt the almond bark according to directions on package. Once melted, stir in the Peppermint Essential Oil, then over the popcorn, and stir until popcorn is coated equally. Spread on wax paper to cool and allow to harden. Once it has hardened, break into pieces, then ENJOY!
A note about safety: I've mentioned it before, but it is so important to be sure you are using an essential oil that is safe for consumption. Most of the so called "pure essential oils" you find on the shelf in superstores and on Amazon are fragrance only and can be quite toxic! I only trust doTERRA brand to use in my recipes because of it's purity, sourcing, and testing. You can read more about why I love doTERRA HERE. Feel free post in the comments if you have any questions about this. It's a topic I'm passionate about.
So - Which one of these ideas sounds yummiest to you? Which one are you going to try first? Answer in the comments!